The real me

If I had to choose a single look to summarize my most “real me” style esthetic, this could very well be it!!

I concede that I’m a bit of a chameleon when it comes to my personal style – I like to switch things up from day to day depending on my mood – and I think that’s probably true for many women. But I will almost always have either an edgy or a bohemian element in there somewhere…and this particular look, to me, has the perfect balance of both.

The vegan leather jeans (from Free People) have a “rockerish” feel; while my patchwork Buffalo sweater (which is probably 10 years old!) couldn’t be more hippie-chic. And then there’s that ultra-wide scoop neckline…a very girly detail that makes sure I don’t veer too far into “tomboy” territory; because, you know, I’m really not!!

1. November 27, 2013 / 7:58 pm

Dear Monika, I can imagine that this look fits totally good to you. A bit of rock and a bit playful. Likewise, I also like it for me. This fake leather pants is beautiful – the zipper details are very special. And I like the trumpet sleeves of your top. This is great at all if you like to wear something so long.
    And I've just discovered that you have added me to your blogroll – which is a very big compliment for me. Thanks a million.
    I wish you a great day, dear greetings
    Conny
    Pants and Tops

Have I already told you that I love your haircut?

• November 27, 2013 / 9:25 pm

Yes Conny, you are on my blog roll!! I look forward to seeing what's new with you every day…and to reading your comments on MY posts!! I am absolutely loving my short hair, too…I think it probably suits my personality a little more than long hair; and it's really made my morning routine much simpler!! Thank you, as always, for your compliments!! XO

2. November 27, 2013 / 9:34 pm

That sweater is awesome!

• November 27, 2013 / 11:10 pm

Thank you!! As I mentioned in my post, I've had it for many years…and will probably have it for many more!!

3. Anonymous
    March 20, 2014 / 10:53 am

What kind of necklace are you wearing!? thanks, Wendy

• March 20, 2014 / 1:59 pm

It's actually sort of a necklace/scarf hybrid, Wendy…woven out of different yarns and ribbons. I wish I could say that I made it myself, but – sigh! – I didn't; I purchased it from an artisan at Vancouver's annual "Circle Craft Christmas Market!!"