Wearing my woollies

Wool skirt, wool sweater, wool capelet!!

I’m always kind of amazed at the warmth of wool…even this tissue-thin, black v-neck from Costa Blanca (which is technically probably too sheer to be called a true sweater!) is remarkably toasty. That’s why I felt that a little tweedy cape/wrap hybrid would be just the perfect topper, and I was right – no chill in sight!!

I’ve done this skirt and boot combination before (for my very first blog post actually!) and you will probably see me do it again…aren’t they so perfect together?! And even though I love, love, love wearing really high heels, every once in a while it’s kind of nice to give the feet a break; these block-heeled boots are certainly easy-does-it, and they have that cool seventies feel that fits right in with my “boho” esthetic!!

Just a reminder…there’s still plenty of time to leave your comments and be entered in the “Twelve Posts of Christmas” contest; check my November 28th post for details!!

1. December 2, 2013 / 8:02 pm

Ohhhh I love this outfit. The woolen cape looks magical. And I can imagine that you do not freeze. Wool is really a wonderful material. Only sometimes she scratches a bit – but not every. The colors are really awesome and harmonize so beautifully together. I would like this outfit in my closet. Have a nice day, dear Monika and let it go well, XO
    Conny
    Pants and Tops

• December 2, 2013 / 10:49 pm

You always leave the loveliest comments, Conny!! Thank you so much!! I am glad that you enjoy a good "arm party" (I read your reply to me on your blog, of course!) and am wishing you extra luck for my contest!! You have another ballot entered!!

2. December 3, 2013 / 1:04 am

I can see why you love the skirt and boot combination….they're definitively great together.

I love wool. Ironically both my husband and daughter are allergic to it. Of course, it does keep my daughter from borrowing those pieces…lol

• December 3, 2013 / 3:21 am

Sorry to hear about the family wool allergy…but I'm glad it has a "silver lining" for you!! 😉 Wearing my wool pieces is probably the best part of the winter season for me, 'cause I'm not really a fan of the cold!! Thank you for your comment…you have another ballot entered for my giveaway!!

3. December 4, 2013 / 6:50 am

These pieces are absolutely stunning and so good together. Loving the hue of your skirt and that capelet is just breathtakingly beautiful. Plus, what a beautiful spot… where are you? Happiest week to you, lovey!

xo
    By The Shore, a life + style blog

• December 4, 2013 / 3:05 pm

Hi Veronika!! These photos were taken at New Westminster Quay…which happens to be where I do my grocery shopping every week!! And the best part of this capelet is that it's reversible; how great is it when you can get several looks out of one piece, right?! Thank you for your comment…I have entered a ballot for you to my contest box!!