A blaze(r) of glory!

I’m always saying that I don’t like pieces that are too structured or constricting; I don’t even own a single white button-down shirt, for goodness sake!!  And yet, here I am…in a blazer!!

Oh, but what a blazer this is!!  Remember the discussion we had last week about impulse purchases??  You are looking at my latest… so not on my list of essentials, but definitely impossible to leave behind!!

I found this L.A.M.B. stunner at Winners…it originally retailed for a whopping $585 (just a little out of my price range!) but I got it for only $80 on clearance!! Of course, it wasn’t just the price that clinched it; I immediately fell for the almost origami-esque styling, the punky tartan fabric, and the faux-leather sleeves and lapels.  And truthfully, it really is quite comfortable to wear!!

This will never be mistaken for a traditional blazer… and that’s just the way I like it!!  🙂

1. January 29, 2014 / 4:01 pm

I am a big fan of L.A.M.B. so this blazer is definitely a find in my book! Funny, only in the past couple years have I started to incorporate structured pieces into my wardrobe and the first item that got me? A blazer! So be careful this may be a slippery slope 😉

• January 29, 2014 / 6:17 pm

I'm always admiring L.A.M.B. pieces when I see them in magazines, too…but they are usually not in my budget!! So I was beyond excited when I found this for such an amazing price!! Thanks for the "slippery slope" warning, Alexis; I will stay on the alert!! 😉

2. January 29, 2014 / 4:31 pm

Oh my gosh, that blazer is STUNNING. Love the design and the mix of fabrics. Plus holy, wow, what a killer deal too!! I would have grabbed & run with that puppy too. Love how you styled it here and can't wait to see it re-styled. I'm thinking it'll go with so much!! <3

xoxo

By The Shore, a life + style blog

• January 29, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Thank you, thank you, dear Veronika!! It's a bit of a style "stretch" for me…but not one I'll regret, I'm sure!! My hubby is very happy, too; he's always trying to get me to wear more pieces like this!!

• January 30, 2014 / 3:10 pm

Thank you Rosalinda…and thank you for visiting!!

3. January 30, 2014 / 6:35 pm

Sorry, dear Monika – I'm late today. But I'm really looking forward to this blogpost, because I saw this great Blazer at Instagram already and I really like it. And the price ist unbelievable. And I don't know, that you not wearing Blazers. It is the first time I notice this case but this one is not a "normal" Blazer. The tartan, this artful lapels and the leather sleeves are really special.
    And the way you wear the outfit is perfect. I don't know, if the label L.A.M.B. is sold in Germany – but I will looking for 🙂
    It's really a pity that I can not rummage in your closet. Have a nice Day – greetings Conny xo
    Pants and Tops

• January 30, 2014 / 7:24 pm

Never worry, dear Conny…we all have busy lives, and blog-related things can't come first ALL the time!! I am always so very happy to hear from you; and I ALSO wish that we lived close enough to borrow from each other!! 😉

4. February 2, 2014 / 11:51 am

OMG! Love this blazer! So funky and cool! Very flattering too! What a great price!

• February 2, 2014 / 6:45 pm

It's an "investment" piece that, luckily for me, didn't require too much of an investment!! I know I will have it for a very long time!!