Chocolate goes with everything!

I can’t believe that some people still think brown and black shouldn’t be worn together!!

This chocolate-coloured “grandpa” cardigan was the ideal layering piece I needed under my black moto jacket today…my silky purple tee wouldn’t have been quite warm enough against our January breezes without it!! And while there was a time when I really didn’t like the look of longer layers under short, now I’ll often take advantage of this great way to show off the different shades and textures of my outfit.

These black floral jeans you’ve seen before, but this time I’ve given them a much more casual spin; and again, paired them with my brown Frye boots instead of the more expected black!!

Lastly, I have to mention this lovely amethyst bracelet!!  It was a gift from Mom for my birthday a few years back…and so pretty with my T-shirt, don’t you think?!

1. January 22, 2014 / 3:46 pm

Great Headline 🙂
    Hello dear Monika, brown and black fits totally well together. But as so often, it depends on the shade. At your outfit is perfect that the brown of the boots and the cardigan is almost the same. Just like the Purple in the bracelet (a lovely gift) and at the top. And wear short over long – I also like. But only recently – just like you 🙂 Greetings from Bavaria,Conny
    And I want to say thank you for visiting my blog and your great comments.
    Pants and Tops

• January 22, 2014 / 7:45 pm

I love your blog, Conny!! And I feel like I have made a friend all the way over there in Bavaria!! 🙂
      I agree with you about the shade of brown that you wear with black…it definitely needs to be different enough to be obvious; other than that, who can say no to chocolate!! 😉

• January 22, 2014 / 7:58 pm

Ohhh thank you – that makes me happy and so I can only say that I feel the same way, dear Monika. Have a great day.

• January 23, 2014 / 3:14 pm

Thank you very much!! They are the first printed pants/jeans that I've owned in years…I wasn't sure how much wear they'd get, but they are actually quite versatile!!

2. January 23, 2014 / 6:51 pm

Definitely love the chocolate with the black….and the bracelet is gorgeous! You look great!

• January 23, 2014 / 10:16 pm

Thank you Shara!! And thank you, as always, for taking the time to leave me a little note!! XO

• January 24, 2014 / 5:53 am

Thank you very much!! I think it's actually a pretty basic look, but it's the combination of colours and textures – and the pattern of the jeans! – that make it interesting!!

3. January 25, 2014 / 12:35 pm

You are adorable! Love your sense of fashion adventure!

• January 25, 2014 / 6:34 pm

Your own blog's name says it all, Dawn…"fashion should be fun!" 🙂