Crushing

My little striped number from Guess isn’t exactly a sweater dress; more like a knit dress…so I kind of needed the extra bit of warmth that this faux-leather vest provided (it’s January, after all!!)

I’ve been absolutely obsessed with pseudo leather pieces lately; if it looks like leather – be it details like contrasting sleeves (my military jacket, for example) or the item in its entirety (my awesome Free People jeans) – I want it!!

Vegan leather, faux leather, pleather.  Whatever you might call it…as a sartorial fabric, it sure has come a long way since the cheap, obviously artificial renditions of years past; better quality pieces even breathe like real leather!!

My vintage-looking, cognac-coloured Sears Nevada vest was a(nother!) little Christmas gift to myself; it’s perfect for giving my look that bit of rock-and-roll edge that I adore…and for which this fashion love interest of mine is famous!!

So now I’m curious…are you currently “crushing” on any particular style details of your own??  I want to know what makes your heart go pitter-pat!!

1. January 27, 2014 / 6:26 pm

I don't get to wear much leather in Singapore (faux or otherwise), because it is just too hot! But that being said, i do love a little leather detailing!!!

Lately I have been looking for pieces with a metallic detail- be it an exposed zipper, some silver thread or otherwise…. just helps to make a piece feel a bit more special!

• January 27, 2014 / 6:39 pm

Mmm…exposed zippers!! That's a detail after my own heart as well!! And I can understand not wanting to do leather in very hot climates; when our summer weather arrives, I always (reluctantly!) put my pieces in storage until autumn!! Thank you so much for visiting, Alexis!!

• January 28, 2014 / 6:11 am

Thank you Anett!! I'm looking forward to wearing it – and showing it off! – again when the weather gets just a bit warmer; it has a really pretty cut-out in the back that you couldn't see today because of the vest!!

• January 28, 2014 / 3:09 pm

Funny you should mention it, Jodi…'cause I was thinking exactly the same thing just last night!! I felt a little hesitant when I bought the dress but now I'm glad I did; that Missoni look is a classic, right?! 😉

• January 28, 2014 / 3:14 pm

Thank you very much, Jelisaveta!! I have to give the photography credit to my husband, though…he takes all my pictures!! So nice of you to visit!!

2. January 28, 2014 / 10:54 am

Such a fun, boho winter look! Love it! And your pixie cut is adorable!! Btw thank you for always writing the best/most interesting comments! I don't often have a chance to respond but I always read them! xoxo

• January 28, 2014 / 3:56 pm

Hi there Jess!! It makes me really happy that you enjoy reading my comments, because I honestly love writing them!! I'm still so new to the world of blogging (only about six months now) but yours has been one I've followed right from the start…thank you so much for visiting mine!!

3. January 28, 2014 / 12:16 pm

That's a cool outfit, dear Monika.. I especially like the knitted dress – it gives the rock the elegant touch. And the fringe on the boots are great. By the way, my favorite parts are currently more dependent on the color. Burgundy in all colors and shapes, shoes, pants, tops, sweaters – which I really like and it could always be worn. Sunny greetings to Canada – Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• January 28, 2014 / 4:21 pm

I love all your burgundy pieces, Conny!! It's great having a "go-to" colour that you always enjoy wearing; as we all know, when you feel good, you LOOK good!!

• January 29, 2014 / 5:14 am

Thank you very much, Rebecca!! And thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a little note…it's always so nice to hear from other Canadian bloggers!! 🙂

• January 29, 2014 / 3:13 pm

Thank you for your sweet note, Margaret…and it's so very nice to "meet" you!!

4. February 2, 2014 / 11:52 am

Such a chic cool look! In love with your style!

• February 2, 2014 / 6:31 pm

Thank you, dear Dawn!! And thank you sooo much for including StyleIsMyPudding in your "blog roll"…it makes me feel a little bashful; but I'm definitely honoured, too!! XO