Daddy's girl

How do you like my vintage wool turtleneck?!

When I made the big move from Toronto (where I was born) to Vancouver, this was one of the pieces that came with me…it was originally my dad’s!!

At first, I was going to contrast it with a summery, white linen skirt; but then I decided I would have some fun with the sweater’s seventies heritage and opted for my white flared Levi’s instead. No necklace or statement earrings; I kind of liked the minimalist look I had here…very different from my usual aesthetic.

Just before heading out the door, though, I suddenly felt a little too minimalist; so I grabbed this oversized wool scarf for a finishing detail. Thank you, Dad… see, your turtleneck is still in rotation!!

1. January 20, 2014 / 3:41 pm

Wow, this is your color. And I like the story about your turtleneck. The proof – such a sweater is timeless. The bright pants fits perfectly – just like the beautiful Leobag. I also learned something about Canada again. That's a long distance between Toronto and Vancouver and I hope you could take your family with you.
    Dear Monika, have a nice week, Conny xx
    Pants and Tops

• January 20, 2014 / 8:44 pm

Yes, dear Conny…Vancouver and Toronto are a looong way from each other!! And even though I love my adopted city very much, I miss having my parents within easy hugging distance!! But I will be able to do that next month when I fly back for my annual visit; in the meantime, the sweater and video calling will have to do!!

2. January 21, 2014 / 12:14 am

Great look! I love recycling clothes too 🙂 Btw the link you leave in your comments doesn't work for some reason, I have to click on your name to get to your blog. Just thought I'd let you know.
    xx
    Anett

• January 21, 2014 / 5:37 am

I hope that I will "inherit" a few more things when I go see my parents next month, Anett!! And thank you for letting me know about the problem with my link…I will have to see what I can do to fix that!!

3. January 21, 2014 / 1:45 pm

Not only does the sweater look cozy, but the fact it is your dad's is extra special!

As always you look fabulous and the scarf was the perfect detail.

• January 21, 2014 / 3:14 pm

Thrifting (which I know you're a big fan of!) and shopping vintage can be such a great way to add some individuality to your wardrobe, right Shara?! And when there's a family connection, it's even better…it's like you're wearing your personal history!!

• January 22, 2014 / 4:15 pm

Thank you, Michele…and thank you for visiting my blog!!

4. January 24, 2014 / 10:08 pm

I totally love the look! Wearing your Dad's sweater is so awesome!
    I wish i could wear something from my Dad or fiance!
    I love that you paired it with the white jeans, it gives it a 70s flair
    Very well done

Have a great weekend

Arianexo

• January 25, 2014 / 6:30 am

Thank you so much, Ariane!! This was a really different look for me with the turtleneck and the minimalism…but I thought it was a fun homage to a really "cool" era (and my dad, too, of course!!)