Jacket-ed up

Doesn’t my husband have great taste?! This military-inspired jacket from Only was a Christmas gift from him!!

I am seriously into faux leather looks right now (as you may have noticed from my several of my recent posts!) so the contrasting sleeves here are such a perfect detail…not to mention those shoulder tabs, and that flattering draw-string waist!!

I’ve wrapped this extra-long, fuzzy “eternity” scarf (Betsey Johnson) around my neck and layered a wool sweater under the jacket today, but the cotton canvas fabric is just heavy enough to be a decent windbreaker; I know this jacket is going to get a lot of use!!

And speaking of gifts – these Buffalo jeans were a Christmas treat to myself!! Like a lot of girls, I have a bit of a jeans fetish; I’m always on the lookout for that next great pair, and these have a slightly higher waist and a cool wash that simply needed to become part of my collection!! Like shoes, you can never have too many, right?!

1. January 3, 2014 / 6:04 pm

He does have good taste! What a great jacket! The olive green is a great color for you.

• January 3, 2014 / 8:34 pm

Olive green has been a favourite colour of mine for many years, Shara…maybe because it matches my eyes!! 😉

2. January 3, 2014 / 6:27 pm

I love the contrast of the two fabrics on this jacket. Go hubby! I'm always impressed when Martin does any shopping for me. He has great taste!! Happiest 2014 to you Monika, wishing you and your family an incredible year!! And lots of success with your blog too! xoxo

By The Shore, a life + style blog

• January 3, 2014 / 8:40 pm

Thank you so much, Veronika!! And I hope that you are starting to feel a little better…it's really "the pits" having to deal with a cold over the holidays!!

3. January 5, 2014 / 4:02 pm

Love the jacket! Want that scarf too! Perfect cozy look. LOVE!

• January 6, 2014 / 7:00 am

It really WAS the perfect cozy outfit for an afternoon spent outdoors, Dawn Lucy (do you go by both names?) And of course I felt "warm and cozy" on the inside, too, because my hubby gave me such a great gift!! 🙂

4. January 5, 2014 / 6:40 pm

Dear Monika, yes this is a wonderful christmasgift and your husband have a very good taste. And the best is, that he knows you very well. And I know very good, what you say about jeans. I'm always in search of the right one 🙂 there are so many different and everyone have a perfect detail 🙂
    Monika – I wish you and your family all the best for the new year – health and happiness and lots of success with your great blog.
    Have a nice evenening, dear greetings Conny
    Pants and Tops

• January 6, 2014 / 7:06 am

Oh my dear Conny…I have missed you!! I am hoping very much that YOU are finally getting your good health back; and thank you sooo much for being one of my very regular blog visitors!! Sending you love and best wishes!!