Ready or not!

Oh my gosh…I’m wearing red!!

As you may recall from a past post of mine, I really do like red; I’ve just never felt very comfortable wearing it for some reason. But a certain few of my readers (you know who you are!) have finally – through their own sartorial mastery – succeeded in making a convert out of me!!

So what do you think?! Can I carry it off?! For my first dip into this particular colour pool, I’ve chosen this red patterned sweater/wrap hybrid from Dex; I figured that even if the red wasn’t quite in my comfort zone, at least the shape and texture were something I could relate to…and I have to say, I felt really wonderful!!

And now I have to say – I’m curious; have any of you ever been pleasantly surprised by a colour choice you’ve made?!

1. January 8, 2014 / 6:15 pm

Dear Monika, red looks great on you and I am glad that you started to wear. The whole outfit I really like – the leather jeans is very special with these zipper details. I discovered last summer yellow for me and I would not have thought that the color suits me. Sometimes you just have to try it. 🙂
    Greetings from Bavaria – Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• January 9, 2014 / 12:26 am

I'm finding that a lot of the colours I didn't think suited me when I had darker hair, suddenly look much better since I've become a blonde!! So you are very right, Conny…sometimes you just have to try it!!

2. January 8, 2014 / 6:34 pm

Gorgeous! The wonderful thing about red is that there are so many shades that I believe there is a "right" one for everyone.

You made a great choice with this one. You look fab!

• January 9, 2014 / 12:33 am

Thank you, Shara!! So true about the almost endless variations of red…I think I just had to wait until the right piece "spoke" to me!! And this sweater did!!

3. January 8, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Hi there!

I just found you! another fabulous Canadian blogger!
    Great style! Great hair, i have about the same hair as you!
    Those pants were made for you!

See you soon

Arianexo

• January 9, 2014 / 12:38 am

A pleasure to "meet" you, Ariane…and thank you for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere!! It's been wonderful making connections with bloggers from around the world; but there is always something special about finding a fellow Canadian!! I look forward to visiting you, too!!

4. January 10, 2014 / 10:44 am

cute vest!@

http:/www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

• January 10, 2014 / 3:07 pm

Thanks!! I love the feeling of being wrapped in a cozy blanket, even when I'm "out and about!!"