Toss up

Most of my looks involve at least a little bit of planning, but this outfit literally came together “on the fly”…and I LOVE the result!!

My husband and I have shared a vehicle for many years; and because he works from home, it’s been a very do-able (and a more budget-friendly!) option for us. But when said vehicle finally conks out on you, there aren’t a lot of alternatives available; unless you wish to spend a small fortune on cab fare, or hassle with public transit, you gotta walk!!

So when hubby came home to tell me that we going to get our groceries on foot – and preferably before dark! – I needed to toss on something very quickly!!

I was already wearing the jeans and this new sequinned sweater (actually just “trying it on,” to see if it was a keeper!) so I grabbed my army-inspired jacket, my husband handed me my combat boots…and having been warned by him that it was cold out, I thought these furry, fingerless gloves would be a good idea, too!!

Thank goodness we also remembered to take the camera, or we would have missed this cute outfit photo op!!  (And by the way…I decided that the sweater is definitely a keeper!!)

1. January 13, 2014 / 6:52 pm

That is definitely a keeper!

I'm envious of living near enough to stores to walk. Rural life just doesn't allow for it, but we did do years with just one vehicle. We learned very quickly to combine trips and with gas prices factored in we learned to even schedule appointments back to back.

• January 13, 2014 / 10:10 pm

Sometimes, having one vehicle is inconvenient for sure…but most of the time, we get by just fine!! I'm a confirmed "city girl" though, dear Shara…I definitely need to be within walking distance of Starbucks and some shopping!! 🙂

2. January 14, 2014 / 8:16 pm

The glittering heart is wonderful – just like the whole look. Most of all I love your shoes. They look very special. Airsteps? Hopefully you did not have a bulk purchase and I hope your car repair is not expensive and it works again soon?
    Snowy greetings from Bavaria Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• January 15, 2014 / 12:21 am

Unfortunately, dear Conny, the car was completely "kaput"…we had to buy another one!! It was 15 years old, though; so we really can't complain!! The boots are fun, aren't they?! I didn't NEED another pair, but I just couldn't resist; they are from a Canadian store called Aldo. And you have more snow, do you?! Poor Conny…I hope it melts fast!!

3. January 24, 2014 / 10:13 pm

Monica i love the big sequins heart!
    You can wear any style, amazing!

Arianexo

• January 25, 2014 / 2:53 am

Hi Ariane!! I had been wanting to add some sequins to my "line-up" for a while…and when I saw that sweater, I knew it was perfect!! The sunshine really showed off the sparkles, didn't it?!