Turncoat

When is a coat not really a coat?? When it’s a dress, of course!!

Ever since I first wore this sweater dress (check it out in my “It’s all in the sleeves” post!), I’ve been thinking of how to re-style it as more of an outerwear piece…and here’s the result!! My black leggings and tall boots provide sleek contrast against the oversized, textured sleeves of the dress; and even though I liked the look without a belt, I decided to add one for just a little bit more shape.

My leopard-print snood was an afterthought…but I’m so glad I went with it!! It definitely gave everything more of that urban, outdoorsy vibe that I was feeling today!!

• January 17, 2014 / 8:22 pm

Thanks, Dawn Lucy!! I FELT like a "cool chick!!" πŸ˜‰

• January 17, 2014 / 8:25 pm

Thank you for visiting, Filipa…I always enjoy checking out your looks, too!!

1. January 17, 2014 / 9:20 pm

I love the last picture πŸ™‚ and the outfit – of course. This sweater / dress, I like it very much – the last time and now again. These sleeves are very special. And the leo-afterthought fits perfectly – even more so if it corresponds to your feeling. This is indeed the most important thing.
    You really have a very good taste – love Monika. By the way, we were lucky – the snow has melted πŸ™‚ Have a nice weekend, Conny xx
    Pants and Tops

• January 18, 2014 / 6:25 am

Now that your snow is gone, I'm sure that you will have a nice weekend, too, dear Conny!! And thank you so much for always taking the time to leave me a little note…I always look forward to hearing from you!! πŸ™‚

• January 18, 2014 / 6:34 pm

Hello Katja…and a big thank you for "visiting" all the way from Vienna!! That sweater dress was truly a find; exactly the combination of "pretty with an edge" that I'm always looking for!!

• January 18, 2014 / 6:38 pm

Nice to "meet" you, Jodi!! You don't see it in these photos, but that scarf is actually reversible…the other side is white Sherpa fleece!!

• January 19, 2014 / 3:55 am

Thanks so much, Anett!! I was really pleased how these pieces came together just the way I visualized; I'm sure everyone can agree that it doesn't ALWAYS happen that way!! πŸ˜‰

2. January 18, 2014 / 5:39 pm

You look like a model! Quite effortlessly elegant.

• January 19, 2014 / 4:01 am

Hello dear Shara!! Thank you for the sweet compliment, but I'm going to pass a large part of it off to my husband; he's getting better and better with the camera (and bossier, too, I might add!!)

3. January 24, 2014 / 10:10 pm

Monica you are beyond photogenic! Fabulous shots –
    This outfit is you, it's was meant for you, only you, lol
    You are gorgeous!

Arianexo

• January 25, 2014 / 3:03 am

Don't give me a swelled head, Ariane…I have my share of "bloopers" too!! πŸ˜‰ But thank you for the lovely compliments!!