Unsuitable

Sometimes, I get it in my head to wear a particular piece…and nothing dissuades me!!

Today, for example – I decided that this somewhat slinky, ruched number hadn’t seen the light of day in long enough; I needed to take it out for a spin!! Never mind that it’s the middle of winter, and the dress is made out of the lightest-weight jersey; or that the one-shoulder style was maybe a little more appropriate for a date at a bar than an afternoon of shopping (which is where my hubby and I were actually going!!)

So I pulled on bicycle shorts – a bit of hidden layering – for some warmth; covered up my bare shoulders with my quilted, faux-leather jacket (there’s a wool shrug under there, too!); and chose my Guess booties instead of shoes to “ground” the look a little more.

So…it’s definitely not a casual look, but I think I succeeded in making it suitable for daytime wear. What do you think?!

1. January 10, 2014 / 3:16 pm

Yes, you did a great job giving your dress more of a daytime look! Love the edgier details and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets dressed up for a simple day. Stilettos and pencil skirts to go grocery shopping? Oh yeah, I'm that girl!! xoxo

By The Shore, a life + style blog

• January 11, 2014 / 2:46 am

Oh, I TOTALLY rock the stilettos for grocery shopping, Veronika!! Any day can be special…it's all in what we make of it, right?! So why not dress the part!! 🙂

2. January 10, 2014 / 3:31 pm

Hi monika!
    I think you did great!
    Everything can be worn at any time i say!
    No excuse not to wear your out of season pieces

Take care!

• January 11, 2014 / 2:58 am

It might not have been that way a number of years ago, but nowadays it's so true…we can wear favourite pieces regardless of season or time of day!! They might need to be reimagined a little with layers or accessories; but it sure lets everyone's individual style shine, doesn't it Ariane?!

3. January 11, 2014 / 2:35 am

Very glamorous!

I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling beautiful no matter what you're doing! And yes, you look like you feel beautiful! (And you are!)

• January 11, 2014 / 3:15 am

Thank you dear Shara…you're making me blush again!! 🙂 Feeling fabulous in what we're wearing is what it should be all about!! That might mean totally different things on different days; but it's also what makes getting dressed so much fun!!

4. January 12, 2014 / 7:30 am

You totally make it work, Gorgeous!

• January 12, 2014 / 8:58 am

"Working it" is what it's all about, Dawn Lucy!! 😉

5. January 12, 2014 / 11:12 am

Yes – you're right – the look is absolutely suitable for everyday use. The dress looks great. If you wait for a suitable opportunity – you wear many clothes too rare. And WHAT is a fitting occasion? That's your choice 🙂
    I also like to go dressed chic in the supermarket or in a cinema. Have a nice Sunday, dear Monika. Greetings Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• January 12, 2014 / 6:22 pm

That's exactly how I feel, Conny!! If I waited for "special" occasions, I'd almost never have the opportunity to wear anything but jeans (which I love as much as the next girl, but which can also sometimes get a little boring!!) On the other hand, if I make ANY occasion special, then my entire wardrobe becomes fair game!! 🙂