Babydoll in leather

I love this kind of soft, floaty dress…to me, it’s bohemian at its best!!

Spring is (unfortunately!) still a number of weeks away; so without a moto jacket and tights, my look would have been a little too breezy for this afternoon…but these layers were just enough to keep me comfortable for a short walk in our neighbourhood park!!

Yes, I admit it – I’m the kind of girl who regularly wears heels and a dress or skirt…even when something rather more outdoorsy than shopping is on the agenda!!  When you have pieces that you love, though, it seems a shame to save them for so-called “special occasions” – or even for particular seasons for that matter!!

I wear what I like, when I like…and I don’t let the fact that I might appear somewhat “overdressed” for a particular venue stop me; after all, in the words of Tom Ford – “Dressing well is a form of good manners.” And that is a statement with which I wholeheartedly agree!!

P.S.  Please remember that I am in Toronto – and away from internet access! – for most of the week, but I will check in when I can.  Today is my mom’s birthday, and the reason for my visit…Happy Birthday, Mom!!

1. February 24, 2014 / 9:41 pm

Oh that dress is absolutely divine!! And happiest b-day to your mama… hope you're enjoying your trip and surviving without the internet! xoxo

• March 2, 2014 / 4:03 pm

I am finally back from the land of "no Internet" dear Veronika!! I had a wonderful visit with my mom and dad, but now I am looking forward to catching up…I've certainly missed all my blogger friends!!

2. February 25, 2014 / 12:45 pm

Totally adorable as always! You have such a good eye and put things together so well, Hon! I want those boots! Enjoy every precious moment with mom, Dear. Oxox

• March 2, 2014 / 4:09 pm

Thank you so much, Dawn!! I'm glad to be back, but I sure do miss my parents…we had a great time together; and I even had the pleasure of my mom's company for an afternoon of shopping (despite the inconveniences of the Polar Vortex!!)

• March 2, 2014 / 4:14 pm

Thanks, my dear!! And thank you so much for leaving me a little note…I'm just now getting a chance to catch up with everyone after being "out of touch" for the past week!!

3. February 26, 2014 / 5:58 am

Pretty! And I love the jacket/boots.

• March 2, 2014 / 4:28 pm

Hi Wendy!! Sorry I've been "out of the loop" for a while…but I'm really happy you visited anyway!! I managed to fit in some shoe shopping during my stay with my parents, and now I'm so excited about the chance to show off my new additions over the next few weeks!! (Just where I'll find room for them is a whole other story!!)

4. February 26, 2014 / 12:35 pm

… and I still miss you 🙂 But I hope you have a wonderful time in Toronto und enjoy the time with your parents. I have the same oppinion like you and the statement of Tom Ford is very good. Also his style – I love them since the movie "A Single Man" – at the latest. Your Outfit is also really nice – I like the pattern of the dress and the color. Unfortunately I wear them rarely – maybe my children are the reason for this. Because I can be faster with pants and I feel more secure. 🙂
    I hope your mum had a wonderful birthdayparty and wish her all the best especially health. Dear Greetings, Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• March 2, 2014 / 4:42 pm

I had the BEST visit with my parents, dear Conny…but I am very happy to be home again, too; it's going to take me a while to catch up with everyone!! And I have yet to find the opportunity to watch "A Single Man," although it's definitely on my list!! Sometimes, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day for dresses OR movies…isn't that right?! 😉