Black and white

I’ve been seeing a lot of really cute sweater-over-slipdress iterations lately…so I thought I would give the look a try for myself!!

If you’ve been following me for a while, then you already know that I am a huge fan of black pieces; white, too, actually – although I don’t wear white as often during the colder months as I do in the summer.  (I’m bound and determined to change that, however…you can see another example of winter white in my “Daddy’s Girl” post!!)

I decided that I would use my little white sundress as a slip substitute, and layered this chunky sweater (on clearance at Winners for $16!) over top.

Then it was just up to my opaque black tights and black platform booties to finish off the look; and I have to say, I’m super happy with how my version of this outfit turned out!!

And so, please excuse me for now!!  I’m off to finish my Starbucks…and my late morning stroll!!

1. February 3, 2014 / 9:40 pm

Love this look! Adorable! And I want that sweater!

2. February 4, 2014 / 1:23 am

This look is one of my "personal favourites," dear Dawn…maybe because I incorporated a little bit of summer (my dress!) into the outfit!! And I can't believe that someone else didn't snap up that sweater before I did…lucky me, right?! 😉

3. February 4, 2014 / 4:48 am

black and white and chic all over. You look amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest make-up tutorial. xo

• February 4, 2014 / 7:15 pm

Thanks so much, Anna…I think black, white, and any combination thereof will always be go-to colours for me!!

4. February 4, 2014 / 11:29 pm

I love this outfit! And what a great find you have in that sweater..

I have to admit I have a hard time wearing much white. I actually love it, but I'm always paranoid about messing it up. I should really learn to be more graceful.

• February 5, 2014 / 6:01 am

When I was growing up, I was never allowed to wear black (too "sophisticated" for a young girl, according to my mom!) or white (too difficult to keep clean!) But you know what's great about white, Shara? You throw it in with some bleach, and it comes out sparkly every time!! I say go for it!!

• February 5, 2014 / 6:08 am

I know!! I keep wanting to wear it again, but then I think "It's too soon…I just did a look with it a few days ago!!" I'll be breaking down any time now!! 😉

5. February 5, 2014 / 4:41 am

That sweater is SO cute.

6. February 5, 2014 / 6:19 am

Thank you, Wendy!! I realized earlier this season that my wardrobe was a little "scant" in the sweater department, so I kind of went on a shopping blitz to rectify the situation!! I did good, huh?!