I’m so excited…I’ve been nominated by my blogger friend Shara of “Frugal, Fashionable and Forty Something” for a Golden Blog award!!
There are four simple steps involved with nomination:
1. Post a picture of the Golden Blog badge (you can create your own, but since I’m still familiarizing myself with my brand new MacBook Air – and all the fabulous things it can do! – I am borrowing Shara’s image. You don’t mind, do you Shara?!)
2. Link to your nominator (which, of course, I’ve done!)
3. Give ten random facts about yourself (you can read mine below!)
4. Nominate others! I present to you:
- A Hemd und a Hos
- By The Shore, Girl & Closet
- Bella Pummarola
And so, if you are ready, here are ten things about me that (I hope!) are worth sharing!!
- I was born in a suburb of Toronto, Canada; but moved to Vancouver to get away from the cold, snowy winters (yes, I prefer the rain!) I am the only member of my family (besides my husband, of course!) who lives here.
- Even though I was born in Canada, I spoke no English when I started kindergarten; my parents used only German at home, and figured that I would learn my second language quickly enough in school (I did!)
- I’ve never owned a dog, but I’ve been a “parent” at various times in my life to: a budgie, a guinea pig, a horse, a cat, a rabbit, a hedgehog…and 8 ferrets (not all at once!!)
- I am a dedicated vegetarian…and have been since I was a teenager.
- I don’t have an athletic bone in my body; I hated gym class in school, and dropped it as soon as it was no longer compulsory (I like walking, though!)
- I’m terrified of heights…but I like airplane trips!
- I’ve never been drunk! I rarely drink alcoholic beverages (I don’t really see the point; I don’t think they taste that great, and I have plenty of fun at social events without needing to get tipsy first!)
- I do have a rather serious addiction to Starbucks chai lattes (soy, no water, extra hot!)
- I sponsor two children; a little boy in El Salvador, and a girl in Rwanda.
- I have tried almost every conceivable hair style (short, long, curly, straight) and colour (blonde, dark chocolate, black cherry, copper…even fuchsia!)