Pushing it

You’ve heard of “forcing” spring bulbs, right?!  Well… I’m “forcing” some spring style with this look!!

To be honest –  after I got dressed and looked in the mirror – I thought perhaps the outfit was borderline summery; and since that seemed just a little too ambitious for the start of February, I switched out the Aldo booties I originally planned to wear for my fleece-trimmed Steve Maddens…and added my fave leather beanie!!

This chunky, chartreuse and grey cardigan is yet another recent Winners find (yes, I admit it – I’ve been on a bit of a sweater kick lately!!)  I adore the heathered colour treatment; and the toasty warmth was ideal over my light little cotton camisole.  The super-stretchy, bleached out skinnies from Garage are as comfortable as leggings; but beltloops mean I can show off my fun “tattoo” belt!!

Stay tuned…you’ll most certainly be seeing this look again, tweaked just a little, when warmer weather eventually rolls in!!

1. February 5, 2014 / 3:11 pm

Love it, love it all!!! I'm all about dressing springy at the moment. It must be all that sun we're getting. Although, damn is it every cold, eh?! Wow!! And that cardigan is perfection. Love the knit & colour!! <3

By The Shore, a life + style blog

• February 5, 2014 / 9:29 pm

Yep…there is definitely a nice little "nip" in the air right now, Veronika! This cardi is surprisingly warm because of its wool content, but I think I might have to go back to my winter coats again for a while!!

2. February 5, 2014 / 8:53 pm

Adorable! Love that cool long cardigan! Wish you lived closer and we could go shopping together! 🙂

• February 5, 2014 / 9:36 pm

Wouldn't that be wonderful, Dawn?! I'm always looking for a "partner in crime" when I hit the mall…unfortunately, none of my friends here really understand the whole shopping-as-hobby thing!!

3. February 5, 2014 / 9:10 pm

Yeah I'm looking forward to when it finally gets warmer. Your cardigan is a piece of jewelry. I want to lend it, if not this great distance between us 🙁 Also, your belt is an absolute highlight. It is true, sometimes you have to wear pants with belt loops.
    Your photos are very particular again – your smile is simply great and contagious. Have a nice day – dear greetings Conny xx
    Pants and Tops

• February 6, 2014 / 12:48 am

The "real" world (as opposed to the online world) is just too big…isn't it, Conny?! I would gladly lend you my sweater – and anything else you might like to borrow! – if only visiting each other's homes were as easy as visiting each other's blogs!! 😉

• February 7, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Thank you, Giovanna!! Our weather has taken a cold turn again recently…but I'm looking forward to being able to put my spring (and summer!) pieces into regular rotation again soon!!