B.B.F. (not B.F.F.!)

Nope, it really isn’t a typo…B.B.F. means “Before Broken Foot!!”

Obviously, my husband and I photographed today’s look prior to my little “trip” (ha! ha!) – when I still had two good legs to stand on!!

I took a bit of a risk with the colours of the skirt and top here; and I love how the combination of maroon and cognac turned out!!  I’m still a huge fan of neutrals (that will probably never change!) but I’ve definitely been inspired lately by some of my blogger friends and their love of shades other than basic black, white, and beige:  Conny of “A Hemad und a Hos” loves burgundy; Anett of “Bella Pummarola” has been rocking green lately; and Catherine over at “Not Dressed As Lamb” is fearless with the entire rainbow!!

Next to all the fun I have coming up with interesting outfits every week to share with you, becoming a part of the “personal style” blogosphere – and connecting with such lovely, fashion-savy ladies! – has been a more amazing experience than I could ever have imagined.  In fact, I’m determined not disappoint my own faithful followers…and want to assure you that I’m going to try my very best to work around my current, less-than-stylish accessory!!

Please stay tuned!!

1. March 26, 2014 / 6:49 pm

LOVE this color combination! Totally cool! How's your foot? Hope you're not in too much pain, Dear. We'll miss your outfit posts. Maybe you can bejewel your cast or something. 😉 ((HUGS))

• March 26, 2014 / 8:00 pm

"Bedazzle" my cast?! What a fab idea, dearest Dawn!! Can you imagine the look on the orthopaedic specialist's face when I go to see him next week?! 😀 Thank you so much for making me laugh…and for your love and support!! XO

2. March 26, 2014 / 6:52 pm

First of all I want to say, thank you, thank you, thank you, that you mention my blogname and my "burgundylove" – I'm really happy about this… and then I want say, that I'm so sorry about the bad news that I'm reading. A broken leg is a terrible thing and I think it hurts in the beginning and then it is not really comfortable with the "cast" (is this the right word?). And I read in your last post, that your leg is broken at four points. How could you do this, my dear??? My thoughts are with you and I hope you feel better soon.
    And your outfit: I love your skirt. He looks great together with the color of your top. And the color fits you very well… maybe thats the reason that you have chosen a similar color for your "cast"? 🙂 🙂
    Please take care of you and be a good girl :-), dear Monika
    Greetings, Conny xoxo

• March 26, 2014 / 8:10 pm

I still don't really know how it happened either, dear Conny…even the doctor at the hospital seemed impressed!! 😉 But now I have to live with the consequences; and try to come up with outfits that "go" with a purple cast!!
      P.S. Regarding my mentioning your blog – you are so very welcome!! I've been wanting to do that for a while!! XO

3. March 27, 2014 / 2:16 am

Thank you so much for the mention!! 🙂 I do love green haha 🙂 Haven't realized it until recently though… I also love the burgundy and mustard combination of your outfit, you're totally rocking it. This is one of my favorites of all your outfits! xx

• March 27, 2014 / 4:56 am

It wasn't until I saw the photos that I realized just how much I love this look, too, dear Anett!! And you've been a wonderful supporter of my still "fledging" blog…so I'm very happy to have the opportunity to return the love!! 🙂