Crutches

Well, here you go folks…proof that you just can’t keep a dedicated blogger down!!

I’m discovering that one of the biggest hurdles to overcome when there’s a cast on your foot, is the fact that wardrobe choices are automatically cut in half.  Not a single pair of my jeans will fit over it; ditto any tights or leggings.  And a curve-hugging dress or skirt is probably an(other) accident waiting to happen…!!

So I can choose between shorts, and anything that has a bit of a fuller skirt; all with bare legs, of course.  Thank goodness that I don’t seem to be feeling the cold very much lately!!

Footwear is another challenge…I don’t own a heck of a lot of flat-ish shoes or boots; and wearing even one heel seems – at this particular point – to be tempting fate a little more than I really care to right about now!!  Hence my cowboy boot, even though I thought I’d be bidding boots of all sorts “adieu” for the time being.  It appears that there may be some shoe-shopping in my near future (at Aldo, perhaps?!)

I’m really happy with how this look “a la” crutches turned out; here’s hoping I can keep up the momentum!!

1. March 31, 2014 / 7:19 pm

Dear Monika, I start to freeze, if I take a look at your pictures. Although we got 20 degrees Celsius – the wind is coming from the east and is cold. The other thing is, that you look wonderful in your shorts. Great Legs !!! And I already write it on Instagram, I love stripes and together with this cardigan it is a very cool and cozy outfit – the crutches are the special accessory :-). And with your crossbody bag its perfect. Get well soon, dear Monika, greetings Conny xoxo

• April 1, 2014 / 1:54 am

Hello, dear Conny!! I don't know about the "great legs"…but thank you for the sweet compliment!! And once BOTH are working well again, I don't think I will ever complain about them again!! Yes, my outfit does already look very summery (even though our weather isn't quite there yet) but as I already mentioned, I don't have much choice right now…at least I live in Vancouver and not Toronto; they had another snowstorm there last night!! XO

• April 2, 2014 / 2:49 am

Thanks so much, dear Anett!! It's tough not to get a little depressed sometimes…but I'm really trying my best to stay upbeat; and putting together a cute look certainly helps!! 🙂

2. April 1, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Well, I must say, you're totally workin those crutches & cast. You're looking totally chic and fabulous!! Hope you're back to your normal self soon though… I'm sure it's no fun having to get around. Hope you're enjoying the fabulous weather, lovey!! xoxo

• April 2, 2014 / 3:01 am

I'm so grateful for the milder weather we've been having lately, dear Veronika…otherwise I'd really be in trouble!! And your words of support are appreciated more than I can say; thank you so much!! 🙂

3. April 3, 2014 / 11:51 am

Hey, how did I miss this post? Anyway, you look adorable! You have great legs, so shorts and skirts totally work on you, Monika! You still look so stylish and glam! I'm inspired by you. I'm afraid in the same situation I might resort to sweats and pouting, but you, my dear, are AMAZING!

• April 3, 2014 / 8:05 pm

Trust me, Dawn…sometimes I feel like staying in my pyjamas and pouting!! Everything just takes sooo much more effort when you're dealing with crutches (because you basically don't have the use of your hands, either!!) But I know that putting together a cute look will make me feel better, so that's my incentive…as are all my dear readers, of course!! XO

4. Anonymous
    September 7, 2014 / 8:13 am

Hello! Did you save your leg cast when you got it off? Looovely pics! 🙂

• September 7, 2014 / 7:01 pm

Seriously?? Some people do that?? I'm into shoes…not casts!!

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2014 / 7:34 pm

Well, I'm into shoes AND casts… These are my little fetishes, I guess. 😉 And you are sexy with both of these. Greetings from Finland! -Mr.Q