Hip-hopping

It wasn’t until I started sorting through these photos that I realized this look has a bit of a “hip-hop” feel to it…minus, perhaps, the baseball hat (the only kind of hat that I really don’t like) and some sneakers (which I’m admittedly still on the fence about!!)

I actually kind of need to wear heels when I do a tomboyish look like this; otherwise, I start worrying that the scales tip a little too far towards “masculine.”  My open-toed, leopard-print Guess shoes couldn’t be further from high-tops…and I’m perfectly fine with that!!

How about these fun, adjustable cargo pants?!  I found them at Jacob several seasons ago; and I love how I can style them longer or shorter on a whim, with just a tug on those ankle laces!!

Now I’d like to know…have you ever put together an outfit, and then been surprised by the “feel” of the finished look??  Do tell!!

1. March 21, 2014 / 8:50 pm

Love this look! It has a bit of an edge, which is something I always love about your style, Monika! Those boots are to die for! Meow! Yeah, sometimes it's not until I look at the photos that I realize something about the outfit that I didn't see before … either a different feel or mood than I thought … or I find that something didn't work as well as I thought (or worked better than I thought!) 🙂

• March 22, 2014 / 3:23 am

Isn't it funny how that works with photos, Dawn?! Somehow, they can give you a totally different "perspective" on a particular look!! And a little edginess is something I like to have with almost all my outfits…it's what makes me feel like "me!!"

2. March 22, 2014 / 2:31 am

Nice edgy outfit, and those shoes are HOT!

http:/bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

• March 22, 2014 / 3:27 am

Thank you, dear Anett!! It's actually still a little too chilly to wear open-toes shoes here in Vancouver…but I think the finished look was worth a case of "cold feet!!" 😉

3. March 22, 2014 / 4:48 pm

Hey Lady, those shoes are so cool, like the rest of your outfit. The feeling you describe I know very well. Because most of the time I prefer a casual look, but sometimes it has to be ladylike and then the feeling is also completly different.
    And sometimes I think about a styling and in my thought it is really casual and fits perfect to me. 🙂 But when I try it, it doesn't work and it feels not good. Have a nice weekend, dear Monika!
    Conny xoxo

• March 23, 2014 / 5:35 pm

Clothing can have some amazing "transformative" powers, can't it, dear Conny?! The right outfit expresses so much about who we are…or at least who we feel like being for the day!! I agree – experimenting will sometimes create some "hits"…and occasionally some "misses," too (but that will never stop a true fashion-lover, I think!!) 😉