Hits and misses

Here’s my observation (and I’m sure I’m not alone) about personal style…”fashionable” and “flattering” might not always be one and the same!!

For example, the resurgence in popularity of high-waisted jeans:  I don’t care what anyone else says; in my opinion, they do not create the illusion of longer legs, just a bigger bum…which may or may not be a good thing!!  🙂

That being said, I think all of us sometimes want to look picture-perfect (with our perceived figure flaws nicely camouflaged) while at other times, we just want to have fun with our style and say to heck! with all those supposed rules about proportion and fit and colour!!

I am not tall, nor do I have anything close to a model’s legs…so wearing this sort of midi skirt is probably not the most flattering option for me.  But today I wasn’t thinking about that; it was simply the look that I was in the mood for!!  And my star-spangled sweater and new wedge booties (yep, here they are again!) make up for a multitude of sins, don’t you think??

1. March 14, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Well, you look totally fabulous in that skirt! So it's trendy AND flattering! Perfection!

• March 14, 2014 / 9:00 pm

I had been looking for exactly this style of skirt for a long time before I finally found it, dear Dawn!! Obviously, I wear it because I like it…but it's very nice to hear that someone else likes it, too!! Thank you!! XO

2. March 14, 2014 / 10:41 pm

I absolutely agree with you – what's fashionable isn't always flattering, and many people tend to forget that. Well, most people, actually. And high waisted jeans do make our butts look bigger…. But you actually look really great in that skirt! I like how you paired it with a casual sweater and jacket.

• March 15, 2014 / 7:34 am

Awww…thank you, Anett!! You know what? Because the skirt is a jersey knit, it's really easy to dress up OR down; I haven't done an "up" version yet…so stay tuned!! 😉

• March 17, 2014 / 7:58 am

Yes I totally agree. It is sometimes not important to wear the "right" thing. And what is the right thing? Most important is the own feeling. And I like your outfit, because you wear it with the right attitude. I like the comfy way together with your star-sweater and this cool wedges :-). Greetings, dear Monika, Conny xoxo

• March 17, 2014 / 2:02 pm

It's all about confidence, isn't it, Conny?! If you feel good in what you're wearing, you'll project confidence…and that's a big part of looking good!! 😉