Trench

The only thing better than a trench coat for battling the constantly changing weather in Vancouver?! A leather trench coat!!

My version (from Le Chateau) is actually faux leather, which I think holds up even better to wet conditions than the real thing.  It’s wind-proof, too; and – as you might be able to tell from these photos – that came in very handy today!!

My hubby and I were on our way to a friends’ place for a relaxing dinner; and although casual events often don’t stop me from glamming it up a little anyways, this time I kept to a very simple jeans-and-t-shirt look.  The tee is embellished with the cutest little star-shaped studs, so I didn’t do a necklace… but these crescent earrings seemed like the perfect finishing touch!!

And the chartreuse scarf was a surprise find in one of our BC Ferries gift shops several years ago; it’s sooo soft…and I couldn’t resist the colour!!

1. March 12, 2014 / 8:01 pm

Trench Coats are really perfect for windy and rainy days. And I can imagine that your one is much more perfect because of the faux leather. I really like your casual outfit. If we have a "date" with friends I also prefer the casual style. It's so comfy. Your crescent-earings are really cute and fits to the little stars on your tee. So it is the perfect outfit for dinner 🙂
    Have a nice day dear Monika – greetings Conny xoxo

• March 13, 2014 / 6:07 am

It's actually not very often that I do a look that's this casual, dear Conny…I like getting "dolled up" way too much!! But being comfortable with friends is also really important…and I didn't want our hosts to feel under-dressed!! 😉

2. March 13, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Love this trench! Wow! And the chartreuse is so on point! In love with you sense of style, Girl! OXOX

• March 13, 2014 / 9:25 pm

XOXO right back at you, Dawn!! I always look forward to your little notes…thank you so much for the love!!

3. March 13, 2014 / 10:18 pm

Gorgeous look! Loving the pretty hues you've mixed here. Plus, those boots are my most favourite things ever!! I'm heading our for dinner tonight, and definitely keeping it simple… leggings, long cami + a fun little jacket!! xoxo

• March 14, 2014 / 5:14 am

It's amazing how a great pair of shoes – or boots, in this case! – can take a very basic look up several notches, isn't it?! And that colour combination just sort of "happened," Veronika…but I really liked the end result!! Enjoy your dinner, my dear!!

• March 14, 2014 / 5:20 am

Thank you, dear Anett…I'll gladly take that compliment!! 🙂 And I'm happy to say that the scarf feels just as good as it looks!!

4. March 14, 2014 / 5:24 am

I prefer faux leather too just because I don't have to worry about the weather (which must be especially useful for you in Raincouver). Love how you brightened up the jacket with the mustard scarf!

Sincerely,
    Sabrina

• March 14, 2014 / 2:16 pm

Hi Sabrina!! I am really loving my faux-leather pieces lately!! You are right; they are perfect for the aforementioned inclement weather conditions…AND for adding some edge to a look (which I also love!!) Thank you so much for visiting!!