Wedged in

Okay, I couldn’t help myself…I just had to show off one of the (several!) pairs of shoes that I treated myself to when I was in Toronto last week!!

Actually, it was really my parents’ treat; they spoiled me with some shopping money during my visit (once again – thank you sooo much, Mom and Dad!)…and my mom helped me pick out these Sam Edelman beauties during an afternoon excursion to the local mall!!

I have really small feet, so I always try to look for shoes that have some visual weight to them (like a platform) or a more elongated toe (like the pumps I wore in my “Lace and pearls” post.)  These cool wedge heels fit the first criteria perfectly; and since I only own one other pair of wedge boots, I decided they were a “shoe-in” (ha ha!!)

My dad, on the other hand, was simply amazed that I managed to stuff four extra sets of footwear into my suitcase for the trip home; to which I simply say:  Where there is a will, there is a way!!

1. March 7, 2014 / 4:14 pm

Love those boots and your styling is to die for! Super cool and fabulous look!

• March 8, 2014 / 6:21 am

This was one of those outfits that came together even better than I had hoped, dear Dawn!! And I'm really glad that my mom convinced me to get the booties…I'm already looking forward to wearing them again!! 🙂

2. March 7, 2014 / 8:27 pm

Dear Monika, I can understand, that you have to less time – I have the same problem 🙁 and I'm really sorry, that I come over so late to commenting.
    Your new shoes are really awesome – I love wedges too and in my opinion you have a perfect pair of it. What a great gift and I think you had a perfect shopping-afternoon together.
    And now I have learned something about your size of shoe 🙂 and that is a great difference between us – because my feet are really tall and I'm searching always for shoes, who "make" my feet a bit smaller – at least optical 🙂
    Your outfit is also great, the Shorts together with this wonderful hat…. I love it and wish you a wonderful weekend, Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

and I love your attitude "where a will, there is a way" is very optimistic and that is the best way of thinking – for me. 🙂

• March 8, 2014 / 6:54 am

Remember, Conny?? We are not going to feel guilty if we can't always find the time to leave a comment…but thank you for leaving me such a lovely one today!!
      So, I guess that shoes might be the one thing that we couldn't share even if we wanted to; they simply wouldn't fit!! (That would be the one time where even the greatest "will" isn't going to find a way!!) 😀

3. March 8, 2014 / 4:57 pm

Haha, yes!! Whenever I travel I'm infamous for making whatever I can fit, fit! So far, it has worked just fine! Love the shoes, they're total beauties + I LOVE this outfit. I really need to experiment with tights & shorts – it's such a fabulous look. Happiest weekend, lovey!! xoxo

• March 8, 2014 / 6:08 pm

I wasn't so sure about the whole tights-and-shorts thing at first…but now I love it, dear Veronika!! It really opens up some styling possibilities during the colder months of the year (I may love my jeans, but that doesn't mean I want to wear them every single day!!) Wishing you a lovely weekend, too!!

• March 9, 2014 / 5:43 pm

Thank you, Anett!! The hat was actually an afterthought – but I'm really glad I added it! – and that bag has been my "go-to" for pretty much the whole winter!! Thank you for the link to your video, too…I'm going to check it out ASAP!! XO

• March 17, 2014 / 4:39 am

Thank you Joana…and thank you so much for visiting!!