Flower power

Yeah, I can get a pair of jeans on under that cast…but a skirt is just so much easier right now!!

This fun floral midi-skirt (from Winners) had to become mine for two reasons – the black and white colour combination, and the awesome quilted texture!!  Even better?!  I also took home the matching top!!

The top’s debut, however, I decided to save for another time…today I opted to pair my new skirt with a black, bustier-style top and my ivory moto jacket.  You’ve seen the jacket before – most recently in my “Sneaky” post – but you might have noticed that there’s something a little bit different about it here; that’s because I’ve zipped the bottom part off to create a cropped look!!

And my edgy, cut-out bootie is giving me such a nice break from my good old Aldo stand-by…I have a feeling that you’ll be seeing it with some frequency, even after my broken bones have completely healed!!

1. April 23, 2014 / 2:53 pm

SO much gorgeousness. Love every bit of this fab outfit!! And I'm now convinced that I need a pencil skirt with a fabulous print. Love this look on you, so much!! xoxo

• April 23, 2014 / 8:15 pm

Thanks so much, dear Veronika!! Nothing like getting all "dolled up" when you need a little boost in the self-confidence department…am I right?! XO

• April 24, 2014 / 4:29 am

Thank you Anett!! Black and white pieces are always so appealing to me…and I think the bold floral pattern gives the skirt a decidedly cheerful look!! I just couldn't say no!! XO

2. April 24, 2014 / 1:01 pm

How do you look so sexy and chic with a broken foot, Doll? You rock!

• April 24, 2014 / 2:43 pm

Just "doing my thing" dear Dawn!! 😉 Actually, I decided that the best way to deal with the cast – sartorially speaking, at least – was to ignore it as much as possible!! My secret weapon (ha ha!!)

• April 25, 2014 / 6:56 am

Thank you so much, dear Giovanna!! You've visited my blog before, I think…it's lovely to have you back!!