Listen to the birds

A little bird (aka my husband!) told me I simply had to take home this pretty tie-front blouse that I found during my latest excursion to Winners…after all, it’s covered with images of his namesake!!

Actually, my entire look today is pretty much made up of new purchases; retail therapy in action, dear readers!!  This cross-body bag from Lucky Brand is just what I’m needing right now…and when my hands are (finally!) free again, it’s convertible into a fold-over clutch!!

And remember how desperately I’ve been looking for another footwear option to “go” with this cast of mine?!  The way it elevates my foot makes wearing flat shoes really uncomfortable – and for obvious reasons I’m not going to reach for my highest heels right now! – so this edgy beauty bridges the gap perfectly!!  Such a cool cross between a bootie and a sandal, don’t you think?!  Can’t wait ’til I can wear both the left and the right!!

Are you really looking forward to wearing any particular pieces – either a new love or a favourite from the past – now that the warmer weather is fast approaching??  Please share!!

1. April 18, 2014 / 2:24 pm

Dear Monika, I already wrote it at Instagram — these are the perfect monika-shoes and they are so beautiful. I like this cutout detail and can understand, that you like to wear both. Do you know, how long you need this new "Accessories"? Also I like this new bag and this blouse. And now I sit here and thinking about the name of your hubby. I can only see that on the blouse are little birds printed.
    I'm really looking forward to wearing one of my new pair of shoes. But also I have some old loves, where I am also happy to wear them again.
    Happy Easter, dear Monika – lovely greetings from bavaria, Conny xoxo

• April 21, 2014 / 4:49 am

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, too, dearest Conny!! I have my next appointment with the doctor on April 28th…and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be finished with the cast and crutches then!! I really, REALLY want to wear both shoes!! And my husband's name – if you haven't figured it out yet! – is Robin!! XOXO

2. April 18, 2014 / 4:57 pm

Beautiful blouse! Love those shoes and can't wait to see you wearing both! Take care of yourself, Beautiful!

• April 21, 2014 / 4:52 am

Thank you so much, dear Dawn!! I am trying very hard to stay off my feet as much as possible…but the "show must go on" when it comes to blog photos, right?! 😉

3. April 20, 2014 / 12:30 am

I love the convertible bag, such a practical and fun piece! Even though I'm usually sceptical about accepting fashion advice from men, I have to say that your husband was right about the shirt, it's just lovely! 🙂 Happy Easter dear!

• April 21, 2014 / 4:58 am

Your comment about being "sceptical" regarding style advice from men made me smile, dear Anett…I know just what you mean!! My hubby certainly misses the mark sometimes, but he also manages to find some winning pieces, too – I'm a lucky girl!! Hope you enjoyed your Easter weekend!! XO

4. April 24, 2014 / 7:39 pm

I really love your style, dear Monika. It's so easy and unagitated. This skirt is gorgeous and the combination with this top is wonderful and your shoes fits wonderful to this look. I would like to have all together here in my closet. It's always a pity, that you live in Canada (or that I live in Germany) Enjoy your day, dear Monika.
    Greetings Conny xoxo
    The appointment with you doctor is soon. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

• April 25, 2014 / 7:04 am

Oops!! I think you meant this comment for one of my later blog posts, dearest Conny…since I'm not wearing a skirt in this look!! 🙂 But thank you so much – as always! – for your sweet words; and I also very often think how nice it would be to share each other's closets!! XOXO