Maxi(mum) impact

I guess doing a maxi skirt when you have a big ole ugly cast on your foot is a no-brainer…there’s really nothing better to camouflage it, right?!

Of course, when I move or when the wind kicks up a bit, it’s still going to poke its nose out from under my hem (and then there’s those ever-present crutches, too!) but for an occasional moment today, I could almost forget that I was wearing the darn thing.

My brand-new Jessica Simpson cardigan was also helping me feel a little better about my situation; I found it at The Bay a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with its cuddly “grandpa sweater” feel and the unique shirt-tail bottom.

Alas, retail therapy in the form of shoe shopping has been less than successful so far…I really need some other options to “go” (ha!) with this cast of mine, but the pickings seem to be pretty slim.  Oh – trust me! – I see plenty of styles that I could so easily add to my collection; but something with a sturdy heel, at just the right height?!  That’s a whole other story.

I’m starting to think about going the online route, but that’s somehow especially scary when it comes to buying shoes; does anyone have a positive experience to share with me??  I need your guidance, dear readers!!

1. April 8, 2014 / 3:35 am

love the grandpa sweater!!

for now, rock it! you should show a semi-sporty look here with the cast featured instead of hidden 🙂 i'd decorate mine in all sorts of colors… haha, just me being silly though.

gorgeous outfit 🙂

xoxo hobovogue ღ

• April 8, 2014 / 2:42 pm

Thank you, my dear!! This was actually my first attempt at "hiding" that cast…but truthfully, it's so big and clunky that it's really rather pointless!! Most of the time I just try to work around it!! 😉

2. April 8, 2014 / 2:41 pm

When it comes to shoe shopping online it's always been super easy for me. I seem to be a straight up size 9 and I stick to the shoes that always fit me: aldo, jeffrey campbell and madewell. Easy, peasy! Oh and this outfit, SO, SO gorgeous. Totally something I'd wear!! Gorgeous inspiration as always, Monika!! xoxo

• April 8, 2014 / 9:47 pm

Thank you so much for both the compliment (I'm blushing!) and the online shopping tip, dearest Veronika!! I've checked out Aldo – always a fave – but sadly, they don't have quite what I'm looking for right now; so I'm going to give your other two suggestions a try for sure!! XO

3. April 8, 2014 / 5:18 pm

You look absolutely adorable! I can only buy shoes online if it's a brand that I know for sure what size I wear! Even shoe sizes aren't as standard as they pretend to be! 😉

• April 8, 2014 / 9:50 pm

That's exactly what has me a little worried, dear Dawn…but I'm rarely anything other than a size 6 regardless of the brand that I try on, so maybe I'll be lucky!! I'll let you know!!

4. April 8, 2014 / 6:41 pm

Dear Monika, I can really imagine how you feel and I can understand, that you will forget this uncomfortable cast. But you wear it with such an great attitude and have never a bad mood. Maybe sometimes if you are alone at home? You always show us a lovely smile on your pictures. And great outfits too. Your skirt is wonderful and also the grandpa sweater. But most of all I like your hat.
    By the way, I often buy shoes online. Maybe that the reason, why I spend a lot of time in our post office. 🙂 But if i go out for shopping together with my kids, I have never enough time to look for things for me. So we have always a lot of cartons inside of our house. 🙂 🙂
    Please keep up, dear Monika – greetings from Bavaria, Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• April 8, 2014 / 10:00 pm

I can just imagine that shoe shopping – or any kind of shopping for yourself! – must be challenging with the kids along, dearest Conny; I even have a hard time occasionally when my husband is with me, haha!! 😉 And yes, sometimes this whole "cast" thing puts me in a bad mood…but I keep trying to remind myself how much worse off some people are; my foot will eventually heal, after all!! In the meantime, I think I might give this online shopping thing a try…it sounds like you really enjoy it!! XO

5. April 8, 2014 / 8:55 pm

You look fantastic dear Monika!! I really love this romantic country-inspired look, it really suits you. Plus, long skirts are really "in", and now you also have a good excuse (even if it's sad, actually) to wear one 🙂

• April 8, 2014 / 10:04 pm

Aww, thank you Anett!! And, yes – you're sure to see me "rocking" a maxi skirt or dress a few more times in the upcoming weeks!! XO

6. April 9, 2014 / 1:07 am

The slouchy cardigan looks so boho-chic with the maxi! And I bet it's a really comfy outfit too, which is probably the best fit for your new crutches accessory!

Sincerely,
    Sabrina

• April 9, 2014 / 5:02 am

Yes, dear Sabrina…comfort is a really major thing right now!! But I'm also refusing to pass up on style just for the sake of comfort; looking good is a big part of feeling good, don't you agree?!