Mellow yellow

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any uglier with my medical accessories…I get switched to this monstrosity called an “air cast!!”

It’s also known as a “walking cast” – but don’t let that name fool you; unfortunately, I still need to use crutches to get around.  The good news??  I can take it off when I’m resting (woo hoo!) and I’m allowed to touch my foot down for balance…I just can’t put any weight on it.

So now I can wear at least one boot or shoe with a bit of a heel!!  In fact, I kind of have to; this air cast elevates my right side by several inches, so I definitely need to compensate with some height on the other side!!  And since I don’t own a lot of footwear with this sort of “moderate” heel, I’ve suddenly got the most legitimate excuse EVER to go shoe shopping again!!

And I’ve been waiting and waiting for just the right opportunity to style this really lovely vintage slip that my mom passed on to me…how perfect is it under my Forever 21 knit tunic?!  The length of the tunic is ideal to show off the trendy, pleated hem of the slip; and the pastel yellow colour is absolutely made for spring!!

All right then…does anyone have suggestions for some mid-heel shoes that I’m still going to want to wear after I’m recovered?!  Please let me know your ideas!!

• April 4, 2014 / 9:15 pm

Why thank you, dear Thema…and thank you so much for visiting, too!! 🙂

1. April 4, 2014 / 3:35 pm

Walking cast, or no walking cast – you're still a total babe!! Adore your vintage slip and totally into how you styled it. Such a gorgeous look for all the fabulous weather we've been having. Happiest Friday, lovey!!! xoxo

• April 4, 2014 / 9:21 pm

You are such a sweetheart, dearest Veronika…thank you!! And yes, thank goodness for the milder weather; it's certainly helped expand my options as far as "what will work with a cast" goes!! XO

2. April 5, 2014 / 12:28 pm

This is a perfect styling and I want to have it here in my closet. Especially the vintage dress is so cute and gives your outfit a little romantic touch. I'm really impressed how you integrate the cast in your outfit. And how silly it is, to have a handicap like yours so perfect is the excuse to go shoe-shopping. 🙂 I hope your leg is not painful and wish you all the best. Dear greetings – Conny xoxo

• April 6, 2014 / 5:19 pm

I've decided that the best way to deal with this cast when I'm planning my looks is to try and ignore it as much as possible…but it's pretty difficult to do, dear Conny!! The shoes really are the biggest challenge!! XO

3. April 6, 2014 / 2:17 pm

No ideas for mid-heels shoes, sorry 🙂 But this outfit is amazing!! I loooove the vintage slip and its pale yellow color and how you styled it with the tunic and belt. Fantastic! By the way, I own a pair of Jessica Simpson boots too, and they are my absolute favorite!

• April 6, 2014 / 5:28 pm

These Jessica Simpson boots have turned out to be a bit of a "life-saver" lately, dear Anett…because they "go" so well with the cast, ha ha!! And even though I was hoping to debut the slip under slightly different circumstances (!) I'm really happy with how this look turned out, too!! 🙂

4. April 8, 2014 / 5:20 pm

Super cute! Blowing you a kiss back!