Easy does it

When you want to look “dressed” without really needing to make a huge effort, nothing beats the virtually foolproof combination of jeans, fabulous footwear, and a pretty top!

I know that some people swear by “uniform dressing;” not literally – like the hospital scrubs that I wear to work – but with a standard set of pieces that they own in numerous iterations and that can be mixed-and-matched to create similar looks. (Designer Vera Wang is known for this; she pretty much lives in basic black leggings and tunics!)

The appeal of this type of dressing is obvious…you can look put together without putting a whole lot of time and thought into the process.  For those that work in a more corporate environment, it may be necessary to conform to an established dress code. And sometimes, it can become a part of your identity, too; a “signature” look like that of Ms. Wang.

A lot of us, though, enjoy the vagaries of fashion waaay too much to stick wholly to one particular formula for our outfits; we have our go-to looks (of course!) but we also love throwing a style “curve-ball” every once in a while…or on a regular basis!!

So today I stand before you and declare that I can’t imagine living without my jeans and boots…but I also admit that I can’t imagine living only in them!!

• May 20, 2014 / 1:41 am

Thank you very much, Annette; this blouse is actually an "oldie"…but it's definitely a goodie!! And many thanks as well for visiting and leaving a little note; I'm always sooo happy to hear from my readers!! 🙂

1. May 20, 2014 / 6:09 am

What a gorgeous top! The colors, the pattern and the cut are beautiful. The length is perfect. Very nice emphasizing your waist with the awesome belt. Your hair is super cute and suits you wonderfully. Too bad that the top is older, I thought I could buy one for me 🙂

have a nice week dear
    Dana 🙂

• May 20, 2014 / 6:20 pm

Hello Dana!! Yes…I'm sorry to say that this blouse would not be available anymore (and to be honest, I don't actually remember where I bought it in the first place!!) Thank you for your lovely note; I hope you will visit again soon!!

2. May 20, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Jeans & boots are fashion staples for me too, but like you, I need variety in my life! Love this tunic top on you! So cute, cool, and chic as always! Adore your style!

• May 21, 2014 / 1:38 am

As your blog name declares, dear Dawn…fashion should be fun!! Whether we happen to have a style "formula," or prefer to mix it up, enjoying the looks we put together is a wonderful thing!! XO

• May 21, 2014 / 4:23 pm

Thank you dear Maggie…you are a sweetheart for saying so!! XO

3. May 21, 2014 / 7:25 pm

This is so right. We all have pieces, where we know they work perfectly together. And this is good like it is, but we also have joy to combine clothes new and in different ways. It depends on whether the "day-form" or the occasion fits. 🙂
    From your today outfit I like your tunic – this pattern and the color are wonderful. And the tunic fits perfect to the jeans and boots. Have a nice day, you wonderul lady, Conny

• May 21, 2014 / 11:35 pm

I am so happy with how these photos turned out, dear Conny!! Sometimes pictures don't do an outfit justice (even Hollywood stars can have that problem!) but my blouse looks just like this in "real life" too!! 😉