Flame

My husband and I celebrated our twelfth wedding anniversary this week – on Monday, to be exact – and every year we go back to visit the little chapel where we were married!!

Often, the Victoria Day long weekend here in Vancouver is quite chilly and rainy…but for the actual day of our wedding, the weather was perfect; and so it was for our walk down memory lane this year!! The park behind the chapel has the most lovely display of rhododendrons…and lots of baby bunnies, too!!

For our special day, of course I had to wear this dress (from H&M) that my sweetheart picked out for me when we last went shopping together!!  Initially I wasn’t so sure about his choice…but since he hit it right on the mark with the blouse I wore in my “Listen to the birds” post, I agreed to try it on for him. 😉

Did he do good, or what?!  This look is a very different one for me; but I can’t deny that the silhouette is super-flattering…and that incredible poppy colour is just sooo striking!!  Plus, the neoprene fabric is right on trend.

I’m already thinking about how I will style it next!! (Any advice?!)

1. May 23, 2014 / 3:53 pm

Lordy – what a great choice he made, Monika!! You look absolutely radiant in that colour, it's the cutest dress ever :))

So good to see you out of your cast, hope your foot is enjoying its freedom, hehe ;)))

lots love, hun!
    Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb

• May 24, 2014 / 9:53 pm

You're the best, Catherine!! There are still concerns with my leg, unfortunately; but yes…it's such a huge relief not to be stuck in that air cast anymore!! And I'm so glad that my hubby encouraged me to give this dress a try!! XO

2. May 23, 2014 / 7:27 pm

Wow! Good for hubby for picking out such a hot dress! You look fab! Happy anniversary!

• May 24, 2014 / 9:58 pm

Thank you, dearest Dawn!! We really enjoyed our little walk in the park…and my husband said I got a lot of admiring glances!! I think he was proud of his awesome style choice!! 😉

3. May 24, 2014 / 1:49 pm

Wow congratulations!! 🙂 What a beautiful occasion, 12 years is quite an achievement! Me and my husband will be only celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary in 2 weeks 🙂 The red dress was an amazing choice, seems like you married a guy with great taste 😉

• May 24, 2014 / 10:09 pm

Time flies when you're having fun, dearest Anett!! It's kind of cool that your anniversary is only a couple of weeks after ours; do you have something extra-special planned?! Robin's dress pick for me was definitely a winner…obviously my style sense is rubbing off on him, ha ha!! XO

4. May 25, 2014 / 7:59 am

Stunning dress, Monika! You are in great shape and the form-fitting dress looks fabulous on you! I only discovered red a couple of years ago – far too late, now I love it and I am currently looking for a new red dress.

BTW: Do you speak German? I think I remember seeing a German comment somewhere. Just curious, also because of the spelling of your first name.

Have a lovely weekend, dear!
    Annette | Lady of Style

• May 25, 2014 / 4:45 pm

Ja, liebe Annette…ich spreche Deutsch!! But writing in German takes A LOT of concentration, so I hope you do not mind when I use English instead!! And thank you so much for the lovely compliment…I don't wear red very often, either; but this dress might change my mind about that!! 😉

5. May 26, 2014 / 4:18 am

Aw, love that you guys return to the same spot each year to celebrate your anniversary – what a lovely idea!! And I don't think you could have picked a more fabulous outfit either, love the red on you!! <3

• May 26, 2014 / 5:47 pm

Thanks dearest Veronika…it was really nice to wear something for our special day that my hubby picked out especially for me!! 😉

• May 27, 2014 / 2:08 pm

Thank you so much, dear Maggie…it's not a bad feeling to be the "lady in red!!" 😉

6. May 27, 2014 / 7:36 pm

This dress is amazing. I love the color and the shape. And it's a again a piece, I'm still sad, that you (including your closet) are so far away. Together with the wonderful shoes is it a perfect styling. Have a great day, dear Monika.

• May 27, 2014 / 9:16 pm

Too bad that the real world isn't as "small" as this virtual one…right, dearest Conny?! Then we could raid each other's closets whenever we wanted to!! Still, I am so happy to have made such a lovely friend here in the blogosphere!! XO