Fringe festival

No, I didn’t attend one; but I am wearing something fringy, and I do feel like celebrating…because today is the very last time that you will be seeing this clunky grey thing on my foot!!

I have a bit of a confession to make; I’ve purposely been trying to hold back some of my very prettiest outfits lately simply because I didn’t want to “ruin” the look with a cast.  But that ended up being somewhat of a double-edged sword…because I found that I often really needed to wear something extra-special to help me feel a little less depressed about my injury.

This ended up being one of those days!!  My husband and I were making each other crazy because I was being sulky (unfortunately a rather frequent occurrence, despite my best efforts) and he was feeling stressed (which can happen when you’re looking after a “broken” wife, three ferrets, and a household all by yourself.)  So I put on this colourful, navajo-inspired dress – one of my sweetie’s faves! – and he took me for a drive to look for the perfect photo backdrop!!

The sleeveless wrap that I’m wearing was an afterthought that turned out to be a surprisingly lovely accompaniment to the dress…and a really lovely example of how pieces don’t always have to go together to “go together!!”  Neither the colours nor the patterns match, but somehow the “mood” of both creates a really cohesive look!!

Which, come to think of it, is kind of how my moodiness and my husband’s stress resulted in today’s outfit photographs!!  😉

1. May 2, 2014 / 3:38 pm

The wrap looks fabulous with that adorable dress! So pretty and cool! Congrats on getting rid of your contraption!
    Happy Friday too!

• May 2, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Even though I'm still under doctor's orders to stay off my feet as much as possible, you wouldn't believe what a nice feeling it is to not need that air cast anymore, dearest Dawn!! Enjoy your weekend; maybe you can go for a little walk for me!! 😉

2. May 2, 2014 / 5:19 pm

Wow Monika, this is such a gorgeous dress. It's colorful and the way you style it, is it perfect. I cant see in your pictures, that you are sulky but I can understand, that you've been. If I have this cast, I would be in a terrible mood and my whole family will have nothing to laugh. I can also understand, that you hold back the nicest outfits, because most of the outfits "live" together with the right shoes. But in my opinion you have done the best you can. I liked to look every outfit.
    But now I'm really happy for you, that you get away your cast and I hope it is okay to walk in normal shoes and on both legs? Enjoy your weekend, lovely greetings, Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• May 2, 2014 / 8:51 pm

Well, dearest Conny, because of this newest problem (the blood clot) I'm sadly still having some trouble in the "walking" department; my right leg becomes very uncomfortable if I'm upright for too long 🙁 But – as always! – I'm going to do my very best to keep the outfit posts coming!! I hope you enjoy your weekend, too!! XO

3. May 2, 2014 / 7:26 pm

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much I've missed.

As always you're outfit is fabulous….you even manage to rock the cast.

Be on the lookout for a goodie in the mail. 🙂

• May 2, 2014 / 8:58 pm

Yay, Shara…you're back!! I've missed you; and I've been a little worried, too, because you haven't updated your blog in a while. Yes, a lot has definitely happened here in my "neck of the woods"…and most of it not exactly pleasant, I'm afraid!! So I'm super-excited about your surprise!! 😀

• May 3, 2014 / 5:28 pm

I totally agree, dear Anett!! The right pieces really can have the most amazing mood-enhancing powers!! 😉

4. May 3, 2014 / 10:44 pm

Yes, some days you just need to wear something a little extra pretty. Couldn't agree with you more, it's certainly my go-to strategy! 🙂 Plus, this outfit is perfect! And Monika… thank you for your sweet blog words, you're such a sweetheart. I'm definitley working hard to make my blog better and better!! Happy weekend! xoxo

• May 4, 2014 / 1:36 am

And you've been one of my most supportive visitors pretty much since I started my own blog, dearest Veronika…and for that I thank YOU!! If and when you get your blog design services going, I think I know who will be one of your first customers!! 😉

• May 5, 2014 / 7:56 pm

Thank you, dear Raphaela!! I agree…a colourful dress like this would be perfect for a party; and if you didn't live so far away, I would gladly let you borrow it (you wouldn't have to steal!!) 😉