Green envy

When my husband suggested that we take photos in this grotto-like setting, I said to him “um…maybe a little too much green?!”

I should know better; there really is no such thing as too much green!!  Of course, I’m talking about the fresh green foliage that signals the arrival of spring… and about all the lovely shades of green that are appearing on store racks for the season!!

This pretty midi-dress from H&M happens to be one of my favourite shades of green!!  It’s sort of a combination of sage and moss, and I find it as comfortable as my beloved neutrals, but – hey! – I’m actually wearing something other than black and white!!  😉

My trusty Aldo booties are back, too; they seem to give everything I pair them with just that little hint of edge that I like…plus, they do a good job of hiding my still-swollen ankle.  (This DVT business is getting very tiresome, let me tell you!!)

And since it seems to be a rather hot topic in the blogosphere right now, I though I’d share with you a few other takes on the colour green:

1.  Bella Pummarola:  Tulle Dreams
2.  By the Shore:  Exploding Green
3.  A Hemad und a Hos:  Soccermom

Enjoy!!

1. May 21, 2014 / 6:48 pm

Love this shade of green! You match the walls in my house exactly! Very pretty look.

• May 21, 2014 / 11:58 pm

It really is a nice green, isn't it, dear Dawn…for both a dress AND a house!! I hope that you are managing okay with your broken toe; I'm sure that you are dying to get back into both your shoes…just like I was!! XO

2. May 21, 2014 / 7:13 pm

Ohhh dear Monika, thank you for the link – I'm really happy that you mention my green blogpost. 🙂 At the same time, I'm sad, that your ankle is still swollen. That is really a pitty. I hope it goes better soon.
    The other thing is this wonderful dress. The midi-length is gorgeous and I like the top-detail. You know, I love layering in many ways. 🙂 And the location is the perfect place to restage the dress. A very good idea from your husband. So I hope you can enjoy the fresh spring green and wish you all the best… dearest greetings, Conny

• May 22, 2014 / 12:19 am

I am a real "summer girl" dear Conny…but spring is nice too, because it means that summer is coming!! I really wish that my leg would finally be okay again – I have so many fabulous shoes that I want to wear! – but the scary thing is that it might be permanently damaged. 🙁 I am trying very hard to be patient and stay positive, though…thank you for thinking of me!! XO

3. May 22, 2014 / 12:00 am

Thank you for the link!!!:) I really like this dress it's so romantic and effortless, I'm sure you're going to wear it a lot this summer. It's also going to be perfect with a pair of gladiator sandals.Love it!

• May 22, 2014 / 1:11 am

It will be heavenly if I can wear gladiator sandals, dearest Anett…keep your fingers crossed for me!! As much as I love a great pair of booties, I really don't want to wear them ALL the time!! XO

4. May 22, 2014 / 8:50 pm

I was just about to say… there's no such thing as too much green!! 😉 And this dress, wow, wow, absolutely adore it on you + the styling is perf!! xoxo

• May 23, 2014 / 1:13 am

Thanks so much, dear Veronika…it's going to be a favourite this summer; I can already tell!! 😉

• May 24, 2014 / 5:29 pm

Thanks so much, Bekka!! Those booties were the best investment ever; they look good with EVERYTHING!! And thank you for visiting, too…I'm always happy to meet a fellow blogophile!! 🙂

5. May 24, 2014 / 3:16 am

Not too much green, and that color flatters you. The dress fabric looks airy and light, nice for the approaching summer heat. 🙂

• May 24, 2014 / 5:50 pm

With sandals, too, I hope…like Anett suggested!! I just hope that this leg of mine cooperates (a swollen ankle and strappy shoes do NOT an attractive combination make!!) Thank you very much for visiting; I've already checked out your blog as well, and LOVE your edgy style!!

• June 11, 2014 / 2:13 pm

Thank you, dear Jess…next to black and white, this shade of green is probably my biggest "go-to"!! So nice to have you visit again!! 🙂