Sleeveless

I did something today I’ve never dared before; I took scissors to an old denim dress…and turned it into this sleeveless coat!!

The dress was cute as it was – with long button-tab sleeves – but as my regular readers know by now, I’m always very uncomfortable wearing anything that feels even a little constricted…and a denim shirtdress is definitely not stretchy!!

Of course, I’ll still be able to wear it on its own, too (buttoned up, of course!); but this time I wanted to use it as a layering piece to give my simple slip dress a bit more coverage and interest.  It worked well, don’t you think?!

Unfortunately, my footwear options continue to be rather limited – a lot of my most favourite pairs won’t fit over my DVT-induced swelling – but these Nine West Vintage America boots managed to make the cut; and (as usual!) I liked that bit of added “toughness” they gave to my look.

Have you ever attempted a DIY project with an item from your wardrobe??  Please let me know how it turned out!!

• May 27, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Awww…thanks so much, dear Maggie!! I think I'll feel like wearing that denim dress a little more often, now that it's sleeveless!! XO

1. May 27, 2014 / 4:44 pm

SO cute! Great job! I've only ever tried turning jeans into shorts and even they didn't come out so hot!

• May 27, 2014 / 9:25 pm

I just hope that my dress doesn't all fall apart when I put it in the wash, dearest Dawn!! 😉 Turning jeans into shorts always sounds like a really easy DIY…but one slip of the scissors and you could end up showing off a lot more than you intended!! I think I'll stick to store-bought, too!! XO

2. May 27, 2014 / 7:42 pm

That's really funny, today I thought about a similar outfit. But with a normal jeansdress and with sleeves. But now I know what I could do, if I would like to have a sleeveless jeansdress. 🙂 Good Idea! Your bracelet, your bag and your necklace are also gorgeous. Dearest greetings, Conny

• May 27, 2014 / 11:48 pm

"Great minds think alike," dear Conny!! 😉 I feel like I've been saying that quite a bit lately…but it's so true; we are often on the same wavelength, aren't we?! I hope we get to see YOUR denim dress sometime, too!! XO

3. May 28, 2014 / 11:38 am

It turned out great!! I don't know what it looked like before, but I'm sure it looks a lot better now 🙂 I also love the accessories you chose for this outfit. Great look!

• May 29, 2014 / 1:07 am

I think that denim dress DOES look better now, dearest Anett…but I'm probably biased!! 😉