Style 3-Play: Denim Jacket Look One

We all know that good things come in threes, right?! So I have something special planned for you this week:  one item from my wardrobe, styled in three different ways…one look each for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!!

This week’s feature??  My brand new Vero Moda jean jacket!!  Until now, it’s been another one of those supposed style staples – like a classic blazer and a white button-front shirt – for which I’ve never felt a particular affinity; they’re awesome pieces on other girls, but I just don’t feel “good” when I wear them.

But this little gem has managed to be a game-changer for me in the denim jacket department!! The fit is almost “shrunken,” which I prefer appearance-wise over a boxier version, but it’s unbelievably stretchy!!  You’ve heard me mention again and again that I love my knits because they don’t make me feel claustrophobic the way most tailored pieces do; well, this jacket is as non-constricting as any sweater could possibly be!!

Those zebra-striped cuties on my feet are new, too!! (Oops! What can I say…I’m coming out of a shopping void!)  They’re by Floggs, a company that makes the most adorable wooden-soled sandals and clogs with a super-cushy EVA footbed.  Just what the doctor ordered right now!!

See you on Wednesday with “Denim Jacket Look Two!!”

1. May 12, 2014 / 5:17 pm

I personally don't own any denim jackets, but I really like this one on you, because it is not boxy, as you said, and you can roll up the sleeves, which I love. I roll up my sleeves all the time, no matter what I'm wearing 🙂

• May 13, 2014 / 1:40 am

Oh my gosh, Anett…I didn't think I would ever find a jean jacket that was quite this comfy!! It's the ideal piece to start my Style 3-Play series, because I'm going to be wearing it ALL the time right now!! 😉

2. May 12, 2014 / 5:41 pm

I love it! Can't wait to see what you pair it with next.

I'm with you on the tightness of highly structured pieces. I often go up a size and then feel kind of sloppy when I wear them.

• May 13, 2014 / 1:53 am

So I'm NOT the only one who feels restricted in tailored pieces, dear Shara!! I'm so glad I'm not employed in a corporate environment that stipulates a "buttoned-up" dress code…and I'll bet that you are, too!! XO

3. May 13, 2014 / 9:48 pm

Oh yay, what a fun feature!! I wear my denim jacket so much and I can't wait to see what you do with yours – love me some fashion inspiration! 😉 And this first look is just awesome!! Also, thank you for the sweet hair compliment… the bangs feel like such a fun update for spring! xoxo

• May 13, 2014 / 10:41 pm

I'm kind of excited about my "Style 3-Play" idea, dear Veronika…if everyone likes it, my plan is to make it a monthly feature on my blog!! And you total rock those bangs, beautiful lady!! XO

4. May 17, 2014 / 11:58 am

Super cute! How did I miss this post before? I love a denim jacket and stretchy sounds puuurrrfect! Adorabe as always, Cutie Pie!

• May 17, 2014 / 4:32 pm

Thank you, dear Dawn!! Just so you know, YOUR cute jean jacket looks were one of the factors in my own decision to invest in one!! 🙂