Tough enough?

I actually wasn’t quite sure that I would be!!  My husband and I had a little walk ahead of us to get to this lovely wisteria garden; but I made it, heels and all!!

My leg is slowly improving, so we thought we would take advantage of the late afternoon sunshine, grab a Starbucks, and visit one of our local parks to take some pictures!!  The gravel path gave me some heart palpitations – that’s what I slipped on when I broke my foot! – but hubby held my hand on the way; and our photo shoot went off without a hitch.

I’m so happy to finally have the opportunity to show off these pretty arm warmers!!  My red and black, buffalo-check top (Noisy May, available at The Bay) is a cozy cotton flannel; but being sleeveless, still felt a little too bare for today.  I was going to layer a long-sleeved tee under it…but then I remembered these!! Problem solved!!

Do you have any pieces lingering in your closet, just waiting for the perfect outfit pairing to see the light of day??  Or do you always have to show off those new purchases just as soon as possible??

1. May 9, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Happy Friday, lovey!! SO happy to hear your leg is improving and you look absolutely fabulous in this fun/tough downtime look. And look at that sun – I can feel it's warmth through the photos!!

PS – Thanks for the yam & tofu tips. Both sound delish + I'm a huge fan of Earth Balance!! xoxo

• May 10, 2014 / 5:50 pm

We REALLY need to get our summer started, don't we dearest Veronika?! Sunny days like this are still waaay too few and far between!! I hope we Vancouverites have the chance to enjoy some outdoor time this weekend…fingers crossed!! XO

2. May 9, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Nice look!

xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

• May 10, 2014 / 5:52 pm

Thank you Pauline…and thank you for visiting my blog!! I'm always so happy to "meet" new readers!!

3. May 10, 2014 / 3:53 am

Oh I have tons of stuff sitting in my closet, waiting for the perfect moment… sometimes it never comes before I give them away 🙂 Aren't gravel paths just horrible? Who even invented those? Didn't they think of women wearing high heels?…I love your tough look, by the way 🙂

• May 10, 2014 / 6:14 pm

I had to laugh at your rant about gravel paths, dear Anett…I DO look at them with a lot more apprehension lately, let me tell you!! 😉 And when you have a small closet like I do – but still like to shop – then giving things away becomes a fact of life!! There's also this…sometimes we simply change our minds about what we like, right?!

• May 11, 2014 / 7:07 pm

I AM walking again, dear Raphaela…just not very well yet!! 😉 But practice makes perfect, as the saying goes…I'm determined to wear all my favourite shoes again ASAP!!

• May 12, 2014 / 2:18 pm

Hi there Meg!! Thank you so much for "visiting" all the way from Australia!!

• May 12, 2014 / 3:12 pm

Thank you very much…and thank you for visiting, too!!