A-line

I had been looking for a seventies-inspired, A-line denim skirt for months, and hurray!…I finally found one!!

Since H&M opened in our neighbourhood mall last summer, I’ve been a rather regular visitor there; and it’s become a key source for those specific pieces that I happen to be craving.  This skirt is the perfect example…sure, it took a while for the retail giant to get my memo (figuratively speaking only, of course!) but eventually, they came through with flying colours!!  The silhouette, the length, the wash – everything is exactly what I wanted!!

And here I go again, wearing something typically considered “outerwear” – this pleather vest – as a top.  I guess my successful “Denim Jacket Look Two” post in my “Style 3-Play” series was all the encouragement that I needed!  πŸ˜‰

But after another visit to H&M this past weekend (oops!), I do think a drop-off to the local thrift store charity is in order…my condo-sized closet is filled to capacity right now!!

• June 3, 2014 / 1:11 am

Hello Audrey!! You know, when I bought these boots I thought I was taking a gamble with them…but they've become such a reliable go-to for so many of my outfits!! I'm really glad I decided to take them home!! πŸ™‚

1. June 2, 2014 / 7:00 pm

I know about this problem with H&M very well… πŸ™‚ I'm also a regular visitor but most of the time at the online shop. πŸ™‚ And sometimes they have really a good quality and the clothes have a long lifetime. Some of my favourite pants are from there. Your Outfit is really perfect – I like the way you styled the skirt, together with the fringe-Details and this lovely leather-vest. It is a very good idea to wear it this way…
    Greetings my dear Monika, Conny

• June 3, 2014 / 1:15 am

Having an H&M store so close to home is definitely a big temptation for me, dearest Conny…I always want to drop in to see what's new!! πŸ˜‰

2. June 3, 2014 / 3:55 am

Lovely background in these photos! Stunning. I also love that vest, I can think of a million ways to wear it. I want to get a similar one!

Check out my style if you have a chance! xoxo

Alexis

• June 3, 2014 / 2:27 pm

The vest was one of those "this deal is too good to pass up" purchases, Alexis!! And the pretty view is courtesy of a waterside park along the Fraser River…we only live about 15 minutes away!! Thanks so much for visiting; of course I will return the compliment!!

3. June 3, 2014 / 4:58 am

I'm SO looking for that type of skirt. Will have to peek at H&M… and yay to wearing outerwear as tops. I do it all the time! You're looking absolutely gorgeous, lovey. Hope your week is off to a swell start! πŸ™‚ xo

• June 3, 2014 / 4:47 pm

Better get there fast, dearest Veronika…you know how quickly H&M switches up their stock!! πŸ˜‰ And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our weather forecast is on target for the next few days…lots of sunshine sounds good to me!! XO

4. June 3, 2014 / 6:57 am

Wow.. I love this outfit dear Monika! This gorgeous vest as a top.. what a wonderful idea! Your new skirt is amazing. I also love this silhouette and this length.. fits perfect to you!
    Here in Germany we have too many H&M stores and I can see often women wearing the same peaces on the street. ThatΒ΄s not funny when a 14-year old girl is wearing the same skirt as you ! ;))))

Dana

• June 3, 2014 / 6:06 pm

Did you watch the second "Sex and the City" movie, dear Dana?? There's a scene where forty-something Samantha and Miley Cyrus are caught wearing the same dress…and I think they BOTH rocked it!! But you're right, it's never fun to see someone else wearing "your" look…no matter what their age!! πŸ˜‰

5. June 4, 2014 / 12:31 pm

I really like your skirt!

Jules x

• June 4, 2014 / 3:24 pm

It's so EXACTLY what I was looking for, Jules…kudos to H&M!! Thank you very much for visiting and taking the time to leave a note; it's always great to "meet" someone new!!

6. June 4, 2014 / 1:57 pm

Super cool and hip! I'm heading to H&M this week to scout out that skirt for myself! Adore your styling!

• June 4, 2014 / 3:26 pm

Oooh…fingers crossed that you manage to snag one for yourself, dearest Dawn!! I wanna see YOUR styling!! πŸ˜‰