Apron strings

I kind of fell in love with the cute, bandana-inspired fabric of this red and white tank top as soon as I spotted it during a recent shopping excursion (to Winners, of course!)…and when I saw the back of the top, I knew right away that it had to be mine!!

It’s always exciting for me to find so-called basic pieces that incorporate a bit of a fashion “twist”…so honestly – how could I possibly say no to the tank’s unique, apron-like styling??  Unfortunately, today I didn’t have the opportunity to show it off very much; there was still enough chill in the air that I needed the extra coverage of my comfy denim jacket.

My military-esque boots also happen to be a great example of a bit of “special” detailing; I’ve had them for a few years now, but I always forget how much interest they can add to any look!!

Speaking of boots…my various pairs will undoubtedly be making regular appearances throughout the summer; they’re proving to be a stylishly sneaky way to cover the unattractive side-effects of my DVT.

What about you, dear readers??  Would you consider doing a boot with a summery look…or is it only going to be about the most strappy of sandals this season??

• July 2, 2014 / 3:13 am

I keep mentioning it, dearest Dawn…but sooo many of my shoes are feeling neglected right now because I can't wear them!! On the other hand, it's definitely giving certain other pairs – like these pseudo-combat boots – a chance to really show what they can do!! 😉

1. July 1, 2014 / 2:43 pm

I think boots, especially ones like these (I love them), can be great with summer looks! The problem is when it's 40C in Italy and people wear knee-high cowboy boots with the lightest summer dresses… don't they..like…sweat? Anyway, I really love your boots and that top is very pretty, great back solution!

• July 2, 2014 / 3:24 am

Yowza, dearest Anett!! With temperatures like that, I imagine you'd be sweating in anything besides a swimming pool!! I agree that I might have to rethink my footwear options under those circumstances; but right now, I'm glad that you find these boots "cool"…even if they're not really cool!! (Know what I mean?!) ;D

2. July 1, 2014 / 2:51 pm

Oh blast, my comment never took!! Anywho, yes I LOVE this top Monika, you're a total babe… and I love wearing back bearing tops in the summer too – gives me a chance to show off my tattoo. As for the boots?! I say yes, yes. Just wore mine the other day with a short dress & slouchy cardigan. Loved it! Happiest Canada Day lovey!!! xoxo

PS – Boo to not being able to eat corn. Is this a permanent thing for you? I spent the last two years on a super limited diet but have been able to start slowly reintroducing certain foods again. Thank goodness!! 🙂

• July 2, 2014 / 3:35 am

Oooh…you have a tattoo, dearest Veronika!! You gotta show it off on your blog one of these days!! Or maybe you have, and I've missed it? I really think outfits with a bit of a "surprise" in the back are a great way of mixing things up once in a while!! As far as my diet goes…my naturopath lets me have one meal a week to enjoy things that are usually off-limits (NEVER wheat, though.) So you can bet I'll be having some corn-on-the-cob at least a few times over the summer!! Happy Canada Day, sweetie!! XOXO

• July 2, 2014 / 3:41 am

Thank you, thank you, dearest Maggie!! And what better reason to smile than all your charming little notes?! You're the best!! XOXO

3. July 2, 2014 / 3:53 am

Monika, you are adorable and have the most awesome hair! Sorry it took me so long to finally check out your blog – thank you for always leaving the sweetest comments. You're the best! Have a great day xo 🙂

Jen

• July 2, 2014 / 5:57 am

It's really nice to have you visit, dear Jen!! Your own blog has been one of my inspirations ever since I started mine last September…so I say thank YOU!! Hope you enjoyed the Canada Day holiday!! XO