Belly dancing

Yeah, I’m showing my tummy again…but at least you’re not looking at my “bum” leg, right?!

I really (really!) didn’t think I would love this combo quite so much; enough to actually wear it out and about!!  I was experimenting with different tops for my new H&M striped pencil skirt – searching for something that wouldn’t feel “unseasonal” for June – when I grabbed this lacy, white cropped blouse.

Honestly, I didn’t remember it being quite this “abbreviated” (the last time I wore it together with a much higher-waisted skirt for my “Sneaky” post) but since my denim jacket was providing some extra coverage, I thought that it would be a look not out of place for an afternoon in the city…I had a hair appointment today, can you tell?!

So the evidence is in, dear readers; and now I’m very curious!!  Do you think my belly-baring look was a success…or did I do a belly “flop?!”

• June 19, 2014 / 5:30 pm

That's very sweet of you to say, dearest Maggie…thank you!! XOXO

1. June 19, 2014 / 5:54 am

Definitely a success. You look so amazing! I can't believe your flat stomach — feeling sooo envious right now. You should show it off more often. I know I would!

xoxo Alison

• June 19, 2014 / 5:24 pm

Just workin' what I got, dear Alison!! ;D Seriously, though…I think we all have days when we feel a little more confident than usual; and unfortunately, some days when we feel less so. Getting my hair done always brings out my inner "rock star," ha ha!! (P.S. I'll trade my tummy for your legs-for-days!!)

• June 19, 2014 / 5:27 pm

My husband thinks he's so lucky, dearest Anett…he gets a "new" wife on a very regular basis, because I change my hairstyle and colour so often!! 😉

2. June 19, 2014 / 10:39 pm

Um, your hair!! Wow, I'm absolutely in love with it – looks so fun & fresh and totally fantastic on you! As for the crop top look? When you've got such a hot bod, two thumbs up I say + I love that you added the denim jacket to it too!! Happiest Thursday, sweets! We're off for date night, yay! xo

PS – Thank you for your words of encouragement too. I'm definitley a gal that likes change!! 🙂

• June 20, 2014 / 1:18 am

Change is good!! I totally believe that old adage, dear Veronika; hence my ever-evolving hairstyle…and my willingness to try something a little unexpected in the outfit department, too, I guess!! 😉 Have a lovely evening with your hubby…and here's hoping for a sunny weekend, right?! XO

3. June 22, 2014 / 2:19 am

Totally a success! Adorable on you! Cute hair too!
    fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

• June 23, 2014 / 1:37 am

Thank you dearest Dawn…I guess my gamble with the crop-top (and the new 'do!) paid off!! XO

4. June 22, 2014 / 4:41 pm

You look fantastic, dear Monika! The pencil skirt fits you like a glove, I love it and I'd instantly wear it. You have a great figure and can definitely wear a cropped top (I've always admired Catherine for doing so!)
    Your new hairstyle suits you so well and you look very young.

Hugs,
    Annette | Lady of Style

• June 23, 2014 / 1:47 am

Thanks so much, dearest Annette!! I think the skirt will probably get a lot of wear come fall and winter…but of course I couldn't resist taking it for a "spin" already now!! And although I doubt that the cropped trend will be a regular thing for me, it's still nice to know that I can pull it off!! 😉

• June 25, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Awww, thank you Chidiogo…and thank you so much for visiting, too!! 🙂