I Heart eShakti! (a sponsored post)

I’m so excited to share this very special post with you, dear readers…care of women’s custom clothing manufacturer eShakti!!

I was invited by the company several months ago (just before I broke my foot, actually!) to have an item of my choice made especially for me; my very first experience with this kind of customization!!

Having a piece made-to-measure by eShakti is surprisingly easy…except, perhaps, for the the actual selection process – they offer a huge range of tempting dresses, skirts, tops and jackets!!  I think it took me three days to finally make up my mind; I chose a dress with a familiar colour palette (yep, my favourite black and white!) but with a silhouette that was certain to test how the “custom fit” they offered would…ahem…fit!!

After I picked out my dress style, I had to provide a whole series of measurements; as well as make certain design decisions such as the finished length (above, at, or below the knee) and whether or not I wanted pockets (Seriously?!  Who doesn’t?!)  The website gives very clear directions and diagrams to help with this process.

My completed dress arrived in less than two weeks …just in time to cheer me up after my accident!!  I was immediately impressed with the careful packaging (tissue and plastic wrap inside a flat box) and the lovely workmanship (the seams are perfectly finished; not a loose thread in sight!!)  I’ve lost some weight since I sent in my order – stress-related  🙁 – but the sizing was still very acceptable; I will have to have the skirt taken in just a little, but the upper portion of the dress was dead-on!!

The company’s promise to design a piece custom-fit to me??  Delivered for sure!!  I don’t doubt that I’ll be visiting eShakti again for my next personalized creation!!

1. June 17, 2014 / 7:07 am

What a lovely dress!! You look sooo cute in it! Gorgeous! At first sight it seems to be very easy.. order a dress, but when you had to think about all the countless details then you will see it's not as easy as it looks initially. But you did it in perfection! YOUR dress! Wonderful colors and pattern, the cut, the lengt.. and the cute pockets.. very, very nice 🙂

have a wonderful day
    Dana 🙂

• June 17, 2014 / 8:16 pm

It WAS a challenge making all those decisions, dearest Dana…but one that I was very happy to accept!! I'm so pleased with how my finished dress turned out!! XO

• June 17, 2014 / 8:23 pm

I'm turning into quite the fan of hats, dear Maggie…I love the extra dash of personality that they can give an outfit!! XO

2. June 17, 2014 / 12:36 pm

Adorable! Love this pretty dress on you! I'm waiting for my eShakti dress to arrive in the mail too! So excited! Oxox

• June 17, 2014 / 8:27 pm

That IS exciting, dearest Dawn…I'm already looking forward to seeing your choice!! Did you have a tough time narrowing down all the fabulous options, too?! 😉

3. June 17, 2014 / 2:59 pm

I love eShakti! I have several of their dresses and absolutely love, love them. Plus, their prints are always the most darling… love the dress you've picked here… and your booties + hat look fabulous too!! <3 Also Monika, thank you for your amazing support of my blog and all of the kind words you leave in the comments. It totally makes my day and hopefully we'll get the chance to meet in person one of these days – you've become such a dear online friend. Thank you, thank you!! And wishing you the raddest Tuesday!! xoxo

• June 17, 2014 / 8:38 pm

Awww…thank YOU, sweetie!! You've been nothing but supportive of my blog, as well; and I hope very much that we will have an opportunity to meet one day soon!! As far as these eShakti dresses go, I expect my own collection will also be expanding; they are just too yummy to resist!! XO

4. June 17, 2014 / 3:23 pm

I absolutely love this dress! It looks so gorgeous on you and I love that they made it custom for you. I didn't realize this company did that!
    And sorry about all your stress lately. It's never fun to feel like that. I hope it all passes soon 🙂

xoxo Alison

• June 17, 2014 / 9:37 pm

I'm not gonna lie, dear Alison…it's been a difficult past few months; and knowing that it could go on for many more is depressing to say the least!! Everyone's support and well wishes mean so much, though…thank you for thinking of me!! P.S. Do check out eShakti's website when you have a chance; they even have a "bohemian" category now!! 😉

• June 17, 2014 / 9:41 pm

It took me a while to make up my mind, dear Audrey…but I couldn't be happier with this little black and white number!! 🙂

• June 18, 2014 / 3:09 am

Boho is my thing, dearest Anett!! 😉 I know the dress will look equally pretty dressed down with flat sandals or dressed up with fancy heels…but this kind of look always feels the most like "me!!" XO

• June 18, 2014 / 5:27 pm

It WAS a great opportunity, dear Raphaela…and a lot of fun, too!! So glad that I finally felt "recovered" enough to do my custom creation justice!! 🙂