In my bones

Doesn’t this maxi-dress have the most interesting – almost organic-looking – striped pattern you’ve ever seen?!  (Told you I have a “thing” for stripes right now!!)

I wasn’t sure at first what it reminded me of…but now that I see the photos, I realize what it is; it looks a little like the skeleton of a fish, don’t you think??  But in a really cool, abstract way…not a morbid way!!

How fitting then that I also chose to wear these stylized bird-skull earrings that my husband brought home for me from a recent trip to Vancouver Island!! A friend of his curates a little boutique in Nanaimo called the “Shill Shack” that’s a virtual treasure trove of unique and steampunk-inspired clothing, jewellery and other accessories.

The shop is on Etsy, too…so if a little gothic-chic edginess strikes your fancy, make sure you take a moment to visit!!

1. June 27, 2014 / 2:13 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous, and yes, I love these abstract stripes + those earrings!! Can't wait to peek at her shop. Love Etsy!! Happiest Friday as well… I'm currently wishing away the rain!! Go figure we're stuck with gloomy weather for the weekend. Not impressed! 😉

• June 28, 2014 / 7:25 am

It's almost a joke, isn't it, dearest Veronika?! Every Friday the rain starts…and every Monday the sun comes back!! At least we have the Canada Day holiday on Tuesday to look forward to!! And as far as Etsy goes…I too am starting to fall under its spell!! XO

2. June 27, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Wow Monika, this dress looks gorgeous. And you right, it reminds me of a fish skeleton but in a really nice way… The colour is also awesome. Together with your elected details you have the perfect Monika-Style. And most of all I like the back of the dress – the cutout is so artful. Furthermore the dress accented your wonderful silhouette. Have a nice weekend, dear greetings Conny xoxo
    Pants and Tops

• June 28, 2014 / 7:39 am

Thank you so much for your sweet words, dearest Conny!! I have a feeling that this summer is going to be all about maxis and stripes for me…and this dress will fit right in!! XO

• June 28, 2014 / 7:48 am

I love the look of straps that cross in back, dearest Dawn…but I always have a bit of a challenge getting into them somehow, ha ha!! Still, this dress is worth the effort!! And do check out the Shill Shack…the pieces are so cool!! XO

3. June 28, 2014 / 2:31 pm

Monika this dress fits you like a glove. I love the pattern. It reminds me of Missoni.

• June 29, 2014 / 4:55 pm

Hello Glenda!! Thank you so much for visiting!! I usually associate brighter colours with a "classic" Missoni pattern…but you're right, they do neutral variations, too!! I'm very happy to accept the comparison!! 🙂

• June 29, 2014 / 5:02 pm

So nice to "meet" you, Rebecca!! Considering my current obsession with stripes, this dress was certainly a no-brainer for me!! Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks it's awesome!! 😉

4. June 28, 2014 / 9:32 pm

I definitely see the fishbones on this dress! It really is a particular and very original pattern and it looks great on you! And those earrings are fabulous!! Have a great Sunday 🙂

• June 30, 2014 / 3:34 am

It's a really unique interpretation of the classic stripe, isn't it, dearest Anett?! And those earrings will be a conversation-starter whenever I wear them…I'm sure of it!! XOXO

5. June 29, 2014 / 5:48 pm

This is one fabulous dress and you rock it. I love the earrings and the fact that they were a gift. I always love wearing gifted jewelry more than rings and thing that I've bought for myself 🙂 xo Nikki

• June 30, 2014 / 2:32 pm

The debate over whether I needed another maxi dress in my life was short-lived once I tried it on, dear Kate…this one was just too special to pass up!! Thank you so much for visiting all the way from Belgium, by the way!! 🙂