Stripes forever

I don’t quite know what it is about stripes lately…but I’m loving them more and more!!

Fellow Vancouver personal style blogger Alison of “Styling My Life” has been showing off her awesome, over-sized striped canvas tote a lot recently; I’d desperately hoped to snag one for myself…but sadly (despite Alison’s helpful tip!) I haven’t been successful.  🙁

So what’s a girl to do??  I opted to go for the next best thing – this scrumptiously soft, latte-coloured leather tote that I found at my favourite shopping hang-out (Winners!)…paired with my striped, 3/4-sleeved, drawstring-waisted tee from Joe Fresh!!

I’m not sure how practical a leather tote will end up being for the beach, though…I might still be in the market for a cute washable version if anyone has any suggestions!!

• June 21, 2014 / 2:26 am

I'm still rather hesitant about on-line shopping, dear Audrey (believe it or not!)…but I thought I'd take a chance on that top from Joe Fresh because it was such a good deal!! Really glad I did!! 🙂

1. June 20, 2014 / 5:19 pm

Love this look – that's a seriously nice striped top!
    The tote is lovely too, and a good size!
    – amyalaska x

• June 21, 2014 / 2:30 am

Hello there, Amy!! Let's be honest, this tote is downright HUGE!! But what the heck…every once in a while, we all need to carry around the proverbial "kitchen sink," right?! 😉

• June 21, 2014 / 2:34 am

I have to be very careful that I don't end up with striped EVERYTHING right now, dearest Maggie…I love the look THAT much!! Hope you have a fun weekend, too!! XO

2. June 21, 2014 / 12:34 pm

That tote looks so soft and pretty! I enjoy wearing stripes once in a while, but not too often because after a while they seem too much to me 🙂 I love your tee and how it fits in a casual and comfortable way. Have a great weekend!

• June 23, 2014 / 1:58 am

The stripes "bug" has only bitten me relatively recently, dearest Anett…it might yet get you, too!! 😉 And yes, the leather of that tote is incredibly soft; it makes me want to carry it around even when I don't have a lot of stuff to take with me!! XO

3. June 21, 2014 / 1:27 pm

Adorable look! Love everything! You're such a cutie pie! OXOX

• June 23, 2014 / 2:00 am

Dearest Dawn…you know just what to say to make blush!! Thank you so much for being such a great blogger friend and supporter!! XOXO

4. June 23, 2014 / 4:15 am

I love this tote!! And trust me, it's much more stylish than my canvas one. I might just have to hunt this one down! It's true that the canvas is perfect for the beach because you can wash it, but I think I've gone overboard with wearing mine practically all the time…
    Love the stripes on you. I honestly can't ever get enough stripes either. They always look so chic!

Hope you had a good weekend 🙂

xoxo Alison

• June 23, 2014 / 2:27 pm

It's hard not to put something on repeat when you love it so much, right?! Not to worry, dear Alison…in my experience, there's always a new obsession waiting around the corner!! In the meantime, you rock that striped tote for all it's worth!! 😉