Style 3-Play: Bermuda Shorts Look One

Well, dear readers, it’s a good thing that I had this look all ready to go…because I spent most of the weekend in Emergency at the hospital!!

As I’ve mentioned off and on, I have been having continuing concerns with the DVT in my right leg; and the past few days were no exception.  My latest ultrasound shows no improvement in the severity of the clot, and I’ve now been told that my recovery could take anywhere from six months…up to two years.  ๐Ÿ™

The silver lining in all this??  More shoe shopping!!  I currently have only a very limited number of pairs on rotation; most of my real favourites are simply not wearable right now (I just can’t get them on!) and I’m not the kind of girl that can go for long without making a footwear “statement!!”

These fuchsia cork-soled sandals do fall into that category, though…don’t you think?!  I thought they would be a fitting way to introduce my first plaid bermuda shorts look of the week; it’s both a little bohemian and a little “dressed up” with the white, bell-sleeved blouse and my flower belt-worn-as-necklace (remember my “Leopard love” post?!)

So, have I made you curious about Look Two?!  Stay tuned…it’s coming soon!!

1. June 9, 2014 / 1:24 pm

Oh no! My poor Miss Monika! Keep us posted. Are you in any pain? But on a happier note, I love this outfit! Bermuda shorts are the only kind I really wear, so I love seeing this chic look! If not done right, they can look frumpy. Or maybe I just need pretty ones like this!
    fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

• June 9, 2014 / 2:29 pm

It's frustrating and uncomfortable, but not really painful most of the time, dearest Dawn…and it's very hard not to feel a little self-conscious!! But I hope that by keeping the fabulous outfits going, people won't notice my leg too much!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. June 9, 2014 / 9:29 pm

Oh I'm so sorry you're still having this problem! Although I couldn't tell just by looking at you, because you look great! Those fuchsia sandals look really comfy and I just loove the color. Hope you get better soon..

• June 10, 2014 / 3:18 am

Thank you so much for your well wishes, dearest Anett…I'm doing my very best to "keep up appearances" (and, I'll admit, a little extra retail therapy has been helping to lift my spirits, too!!) XO

3. June 10, 2014 / 3:08 pm

Oh no, Monika!!! I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading, and what, emergency?! Crap, so sorry to hear. What a frustrating situation! However, I'm glad that there is the promise of shoe shopping… it just cheers us gals up, right?! Looking gorgeous as always – keep me posted on how you're feeling! xoxo

• June 11, 2014 / 12:04 am

The whole situation is truly VERY frustrating, dearest Veronika…I just want to get back to being my normal self!! I think some shoe shopping is just the "balm" that my poor soul needs right now; the question is, what do I do with the ones I can't wear?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• June 11, 2014 / 8:37 pm

I am doing my very best to stay positive, dear Maggie..thank you so much for your kind words!! XO

4. June 12, 2014 / 6:38 am

Dear Monika,

Iยดm very sorry about your leg. It grieves very much over such a long period. I wish you a speedy recovery and that it will not take 2 years, but ONLY 6 months. You are such a positive woman, You'll make it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Your outfit has impressed me absolutely today. This delicate beige and the top with the stylish Bermude .. top! Love your sandals. The color is WOW! They look very comfortable what getยดs every day more important to me. Sweet necklace.. I've never seen ๐Ÿ™‚

have a great sunny week
    a long hug
    Dana ๐Ÿ™‚

• June 12, 2014 / 2:24 pm

I am determined to recover as quickly as possible, dear Dana…thank you so much for your words of encouragement, and the lovely compliments, too!! XO