Treasure hunt

I’ve mentioned before that my mom-and-law and her husband travel – a lot! – and that she always brings home little treasures for me…well, this lovely turquoise necklace is a shining example!!

Usually I’d style a black and white outfit – like my snake-print blouse and skinny jeans combination – with silver jewellery for a more tone-on-tone look; but today I wanted to add an extra bit of interest with some ocean-inspired colour (maybe it’s the promise of all those beach afternoons that are waiting just around the corner!!)

Looking good, right?!  So then…why not go for even more turquoise with this Lucky Brand satchel?!  It’s been out of rotation for a while; but after seeing these photos, I think I need to bring it back into regular circulation again!!

Do you have any pieces languishing in your closet that you’re thinking of reviving??  I’d love to hear about your own rediscovered treasures!!

1. June 4, 2014 / 2:00 pm

Who would think snakeskin would look so fab with that aqua and green?! It all looks so fresh and perfect! A home run as always, Gorgeous!

• June 4, 2014 / 6:02 pm

I really liked how the turquoise accents popped against the pattern of this blouse, dearest Dawn…quite often, the most surprising combinations also end up being the best!! XO

• June 5, 2014 / 2:20 pm

Hello again, dear Jodi!! You know, I've always been a big fan of tone-on-tone colour palettes…but doing a look that has some contrast is a fun way to mix things up, I'm discovering!! 🙂

• June 5, 2014 / 2:28 pm

It's not the height of the heels per se that's the problem, dearest Anett (although I do still feel a little "out of practice" wearing them!)…it's the fact that I can't get that swollen foot INTO most of my shoes!! 🙁 I may end up needing a whole new shoe wardrobe!!

2. June 5, 2014 / 2:39 pm

Always so fun rediscovering items… like your bag. It's totally adorable!! And what a wonderful gift, I love that necklace, and love the way you incorporated into this outfit! Yay beach days!! xoxo

• June 6, 2014 / 1:24 am

I think that sometimes it's good to take a break from old favourites, dear Veronika…then when we DO come back to them, it's love all over again!! And ohmygosh yes…am I EVER looking forward to this year's beach season!! We're almost there!! XO

• June 9, 2014 / 5:43 am

Thank you for the sweet compliments, dear Maggie…you always make my day!! XO

3. June 8, 2014 / 8:21 pm

Dear Monika, I love your blouse. And do this colorful necklace to your outfit is the special touch.
    The next days we are on holidays and I don't know if I could let a comment here, but I will try. I wish you a wonderful time, dear greetings – Conny

• June 9, 2014 / 5:53 am

Enjoy your holiday, dearest Conny, and don't worry a bit if you can't manage to leave me any notes while you are away!! You deserve some time off…and I look forward to hearing about it when you are back!! XO