Beached

Yippee…it’s finally summertime here in Vancouver!!

My husband and I celebrated by heading to the shore for our first official “beach day” of the season; seriously, I can’t think of a lovelier way to unwind than with my toes in the sand and a good book under my nose!!  (I don’t like to tan, though…so major sunblock is a must!!)

This breezy maxi-dress was a souvenir from a wonderful holiday in California that my hubby and I – together with his mom and step-dad – enjoyed last year; we rented a tiny cottage in Seal Beach for a week…and you better believe that I strolled that amazing surf at every opportunity!!

Because we have the buffer of Vancouver Island separating us from true “open ocean,” our own waves rarely reach an impressive size, but that suits me just fine; I’m a wader, not a surfer (or even a swimmer, to be honest!!)

With any luck, there will be a few more ocean-side photo opportunities in the weeks ahead!!  Stay tuned!!

1. July 16, 2014 / 3:52 pm

What beautiful photos and post. Exactly where I want to be right now… the weather has been freakin' awesome. Love this dress on you and can't wait for more beach photos!! <3

PS – As for my chevron tote bag? Yes, it's washable. Cold water & gentle cycle. Plus it's fully lined with pockets. Mine goes everywhere with me, and I must say, it's not very susceptible to getting dirty! 🙂

• July 17, 2014 / 1:24 am

Makes sense that photos always turn out best when you're relaxed and at ease, right dearest Veronika?! My idea of "heaven on earth" is any day I can enjoy the sunshine and an ocean breeze…let's hope the next opportunity comes soon!! As for the tote/beach bag?! Veeery tempting…but what colour do I choose?! 😉

2. July 16, 2014 / 7:20 pm

All your photos looks like there were out of an fashion magazine!! Love absolutely this one from the back.. lovely details of your dress.. looks really romantic! 😉
    Here in Germany we also have some hot days and I love it!!
    BUT we live very far away from any ocean.. what a pitty…
    Love you with a hat on !!!!!!!! 🙂

have a gorgeous and sunny day dear
    Dana

• July 17, 2014 / 1:30 am

That's such a wonderful compliment, dear Dana…thank you!! And wearing a hat is something I've only relatively recently taken a shine to…but I think for a day spent in the sun, it's kind of a must-have!! XOXO

3. July 16, 2014 / 9:34 pm

Looking very cool and relaxed here Monika. Love your dress a lot.

• July 17, 2014 / 1:34 am

Hello again, dear Elsie!! I have to say, this maxi is the perfect beach dress…it's super light-weight, and dries in a jiffy if it should happen to get a little bit wet!! 😉

• July 17, 2014 / 1:54 am

Aw shucks, dear Dawn…you're making me blush again!! And yes, our weather all these last days has been truly divine; but the forecast for our upcoming weekend?? Not so much!! Let's hope things change between now and then…!! XOXO

• July 18, 2014 / 2:48 am

So nice of you to visit, Robin…and to leave me a little note, too!! One of the things that attracted me to this dress was the strap detail in the back; I think you'll agree that it adds just a hint of edge to an otherwise very feminine look!!

4. July 18, 2014 / 7:41 pm

This is a 100% summer look dear Monika and it's gorgeous! 🙂 I love the maxi dress and how you accessorized it with a cowboy hat. Very nice! 😉 Hope you have a great weekend!

• July 19, 2014 / 5:33 am

It may be a cowboy hat, Anett…but it works really well for the beach too; doesn't it?! I'm sure hoping that we still have a few more of these "perfect" summer days ahead of us here in Vancouver…and wishing the same for you in Italy as well!! XOXO