Cinderella

See that big smile on my face??  Every week or two, I re-try all the shoes that I haven’t been able to wear since my accident (and the resulting DVT)…and today, my BGBGeneration pumps actually fit!

Not quite a glass slipper, I know…but I truly couldn’t have been more excited if a prince had ridden up to me on his steed and offered me one!!  My doctors tell me that the symptoms (like swelling) will improve and regress for months and possibly even years yet; but at least all does not appear to be lost when it comes to my footwear situation!!

So even though I’m doing a lot of blue for this outfit, I don’t feel “blue” in the least; in fact, I couldn’t be happier with how my attempt at denim-on-denim turned out!!  It’s usually advised to switch up the shade or weight of the fabric to give the look a little more contrast…but I decided that I liked the way my cropped skinny jeans and jacket almost create the look of a suit.  It’s certainly the closest I’ll probably ever come to wearing one, ha ha!!

Have you tried your own version of multiple denim, dear readers??  Or do you find it too much of a good thing??  Leave me a note and let me know what you think!!

P.S. I have it on good authority (fellow blogger and jewellery designer Wendy Brandes) that giant hoop earrings are on the verge of a comeback…as you may have noticed, I got a bit of a jump on the trend today!!  😉

1. July 21, 2014 / 2:20 pm

Love you double denim look Moniker. The brown accessories work well. I can tell from you smile that you are pretty chuffed with those shoes. xoxo

• July 22, 2014 / 1:26 am

So happy to have you visit again, dear Elsie!! Yep, it was a pretty exciting moment when I realized these shoes were wearable again…but it's possible that on another day, they won't be 🙁 Still, some improvement is still improvement, right?! XO

2. July 21, 2014 / 11:56 pm

Yay for those fab pumps and for you being able to wear them again! So happy for you. I remember when denim with denim was a big fashion no-no, but not so anymore. I like denim with denim and you do it to perfection,. of course! Happy to hear the news about big hoops too!

• July 22, 2014 / 8:17 pm

If you check out Wendy's blog via my link, you'll see that her motto is "never is the next new thing"…and honestly, it couldn't be truer, could it?! So many current trends were once fashion faux pas…and probably will be again!! But in the mean time, dearest Dawn, I'm going to enjoy my double denim look…and my oversized hoops!! 😀

3. July 22, 2014 / 7:03 am

This are really good news and I'm happy for you. Years ago I had a injury on my right feet and since then I have problems to wear high heels from time to time. And so I can really imagine how you feel. And cinderella is the perfect way to describe it.
    Your denimlook is really gorgeous. I love to play with the casual denim on one side and the chic details like leobag and highheels on the other side. And your earrings are the perfekt ice on the cake.
    Have a wonderful week, dearest greetings Conny

• July 22, 2014 / 8:39 pm

Your right foot, too, dear Conny?! That is (of course!) not such a happy coincidence…but we really do seem to be a lot alike, don't we?! 😉 You have even less spare time than I do, though – with kids and sports on the go! – so I always appreciate your little notes so much!! XOXO

4. July 22, 2014 / 9:45 am

So glad you are able to wear these pumps again, Monika, they are fabulous indeed! I love animal prints… and big hoops! I have very old silver ones and actually I have worn them all the time. Even better they are making a style revival!

Annette | Lady of Style

• July 22, 2014 / 8:51 pm

I hadn't been wearing my own silver hoops too much recently, dear Annette..but I think that may change now!! And I am sooo happy that I can add another pair of shoes to my regular rotation!! 😉

5. July 22, 2014 / 10:51 am

Great to hear your foot is getting better dear and your feet looks awesome in this shoes!! Wonderful denim outfit tasteful combined with brown. Love the belt and your clutch. Have you bought the jacket and the pants together? They have exactly the same blue tone.. looks like a denim suit 🙂 Both thumbs up ! 🙂

have a wonderful and sunny day dear friend
    Dana 🙂

• July 22, 2014 / 9:02 pm

The jeans and jacket are two different brands purchased at different times, dear Dana; it was just pure luck that they matched up so well!! And speaking of luck…I am hoping with all my heart that my foot and leg continue to improve; I still have quite a few other pairs that I'd love to put to use again!! XO

• July 22, 2014 / 9:20 pm

Thank you so much, Rebecca!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to show off these pretty pumps on a more regular basis from now on!! 🙂

6. July 22, 2014 / 4:05 pm

Love it! I don't really wear denim on denim, but that's probably because I don't own two perfectly matching pieces like you! 🙂 I'm so happy for you that you can wear pumps again! Also love the touch of leopard print in this look.

• July 22, 2014 / 9:37 pm

Don't forget, dearest Anett…unmatched denim works well, too!! 😉 And after the shoe triumph, the leopard clutch was a bit of an afterthought…but a good one, I'll admit!! 😀