No parking

Not meaning to point any fingers here…but a certain somebody was pretty unhappy about taking pictures in the sun and heat today!!  😉

In all seriousness though, I know I am a very lucky girl; my husband is an amazingly good sport when it comes to our photo-shoot excursions.  Without his generous help, there’d simply be no way that I could keep up with regular posts to this personal style diary of mine…so the biggest “thank you!” goes out to you, sweetheart!!

And I’ll admit…it really was rather warmish out; perhaps I should have chosen something other than an all-black outfit to wear, but what can I say?!  The heart wants what the heart wants; and today it wanted this slightly tough, a-little-bit-edgy look!!

Maybe I just needed to balance out all the bohemian-inspired looks I’ve been featuring lately – like my long crochet vest; and the sundress-and-boots combination.  Gotta keep things interesting, right?? Besides, I think that black is just as “right” for summer as white is traditionally considered to be!!

But what about you, dear readers…would you feel comfortable in a black ensemble at this time of year??  I’d love to hear what you have to say!!

1. July 18, 2014 / 2:22 pm

Surprisingly, I've been wearing a ton of black this summer. So you're definitely not alone! And yay, to obliging husbands. I love that Martin is such a good sport when it comes to taking my photos!! He doesn't always want to do it – but he still shows up every time! <3 Happiest Friday, Monika!! xoxo

• July 19, 2014 / 5:46 am

I am in awe of women who do their outfit photography all on their own, dear Veronika…it certainly makes things easier when you can work as a team, doesn't it?! And yes, I remember your recent black maxi-dress and denim jacket combo; it just might have influenced my own choices here!! 😉

2. July 19, 2014 / 1:10 am

Love this rocker chic look! And send a thank you to your hubby for me for being such a great photographer! Of course, I'm sure it's impossible to take a bad pic of you, Dear!

• July 19, 2014 / 5:57 am

I'll definitely let my guy know that you are an admirer of his photographic genius, dearest Dawn!! ;D And I am totally an admirer of yours; your photos – and four-legged photo bombers! – are always so cute and full of personality!! XO

3. July 19, 2014 / 1:26 pm

You look so edgy and chic, I do like the way you've styled this outfit. In addition, those photographs turned out so great!
    Wish you a great day ahead!

• July 21, 2014 / 5:51 am

Those are lovely compliments, Alexandra…thanks so much!! And thank you very much for visiting, too!!

4. July 20, 2014 / 9:30 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing black in the summer. Black is a classic, you can wear it anywhere, anytime! I even have a black strapless maxi dress that I wear to the beach. I really like your edgy look! Oh and I know a thing or two about convincing husbands to take pictures haha 🙂

• July 21, 2014 / 6:12 am

Black is certainly incredibly versatile, dearest Anett!! It can be sophisticated…or edgy…or demure…or sexy…all depending on how it's styled!! (And I think our hubbies are secretly kind of flattered to play photographer, even if they complain a little sometimes!!) ;D