Short and sassy

I’m far from long-limbed and model tall – just barely five feet, four inches! – which probably explains why I have a bit of a thing for heels!!

Sure there’s a lot to be said for flat footwear, not the least of which is the comfort factor.  But I also know that a higher heel and pain do not necessarily go hand-in-hand…and these taupe suede wedges are proof!!  My afternoon browsing the neighbourhood mall left me no worse for wear; my husband and I had our little photo shoot quite late the same day (as you can tell from the pretty colours in the sky!) and I was still going strong!!

Plus, we all know that some heel height can be a great way to dress up an inherently casual denim look; my white shorts and oversized camo shirt would have had a completely different vibe if I’d worn them with my Floggs slides, for example.

But since I do “flat” every day at my job, elevating my weekend outfits with some fabulous heels tends to be my modus operandi; I’m so glad that my leg and foot are feeling well enough lately to be accommodating!!

As for actual recovery??  I have my next ultrasound at the end of this month…fingers crossed for some good news!!

1. July 14, 2014 / 4:05 pm

Love this look and your gorgeous heels! <3 Funnily enough, I'm a flats girl through & through. Especially in the summer because we walk everywhere. But, heels & comfort sound pretty good to me too. Will have to keep this in mind the next time I go shopping. Wishing you a fabulous week ahead, lovey!!

PS – Spent a bit of the weekend working on your template. So excited for you – it's looking great! <3

• July 15, 2014 / 7:29 am

I can hardly wait to get my new blog look up and running, dearest Veronika…it will be such a wonderful way to celebrate my very first year as part of the personal style "blogosphere!!" And sometimes, nothing but a pair of flats will do…even for a confirmed high-heel lover like me!! 😉

2. July 15, 2014 / 4:01 am

It's nice to don something with height every now and then, especially if you're constantly in flats. I'm pretty short too so I feel you re the extra inches! Also hoping for some good news for you also.

SDMxx

• July 15, 2014 / 7:35 am

Thank you for your well wishes, Sonia!! Yes, I definitely love my heels…but, by way of necessity, I've learned that they don't ALWAYS have to be "extra" high to make me feel extra fierce!! 😉

3. July 15, 2014 / 1:07 pm

So glad to hear that your foot is doing better, Hon. I love wedges for a long legged look without the usual pain of heels. Great choice! The camo top and white shorts are adorable.

• July 15, 2014 / 2:49 pm

I'm on some new supplements from my naturopath, dear Dawn…here's hoping they're making a difference!! My leg is still not back to normal (and probably won't be for quite a while yet) but at least a FEW more footwear options have opened up for me!! 😉

4. July 15, 2014 / 1:44 pm

These do look very comfortable, Monika! I agree, sometimes a pair of heels is all you need to make an outfit look a little more "dressed up". That shirt looks amazing!

• July 15, 2014 / 2:55 pm

I hardly feel like I'm wearing heels when I have these on, dearest Anett!! And I purposely bought my camo shirt in an extra-large size so that it would look more drapey and relaxed!! XO

• July 16, 2014 / 4:02 am

I sure hope that camouflage never becomes passé, dearest Maggie…because this shirt is waaay too soft and comfortable to give up!! 😉

• July 17, 2014 / 12:14 am

Thank you so much, Valentina…and thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂