Slouch

Somewhere in this personal style diary of mine, I clearly remember stating that I wasn’t particularly fond of the “pyjama dressing” trend…well, just look at what I’m wearing today!!

I’d been yearning to create another outfit around these slouchy printed pants for a little while now (remember them from my “Style 3-Play: Denim Jacket Look Two” post?) and as I was experimenting, I surprised myself – in a very pleasant way! – with this blue-on-blue combination!!

My lightweight tunic top has such an easy silhouette that I really didn’t think it would work well with the equally relaxed feel of the pants; after all, contrast is usually the name of the game when creating an interesting look, right??

But rules are meant to be broken (in more ways than one, apparently!) and I just kept coming back to this particular pairing…although how would I keep things “street-style chic” and not “sleep-over slovenly??” By adding my brown Nine West heels and some long, layered necklaces to the mix, of course!!

Ta da!!  My very own interpretation of a trend that I thought I didn’t like!!  But in the end, dear readers, shouldn’t that truly be our ultimate goal?!  After all, that’s what turns plain old “fashion” into “style!!”

1. July 30, 2014 / 2:20 pm

Monika, I'm in LOVE with those pants… you're absolutely rocking them here. Love how you styled them + you've convinced me I totally need a pair. So much gorgeousness. And yay, for tomorrow, I'm excited!!!! xoxo

• July 30, 2014 / 9:32 pm

Breezy pants like this are amazing for hot days, dearest Veronika…much better than shorts, in my opinion!! And all I can think about right now is my new blog look debuting tomorrow; excited is an understatement!! 😀

2. July 30, 2014 / 3:48 pm

I can understand you very well. I have also said, such pair of pants I will never wear. For the reason, because I am not sure how to wear it best. Heels are a very good option. You look so adorable in it. Like this outfit very much 🙂

Dana

• July 30, 2014 / 9:42 pm

You would look gorgeous in drapey pants like this, dear Dana…you just need to find exactly the right pair!! Or maybe you could design them for yourself; I happen to know that you are quite talented in that department!! 😉

3. July 30, 2014 / 8:15 pm

I'm not a fan of "pyjama dressing" either, but these pants look nothing like pyjamas dear Monika! 🙂 I really like the print and that you wore the with super high heels. Great look!

• July 30, 2014 / 9:58 pm

Lovely Anett…I remember your own hesitation about wearing a similar pair of soft pants like this a few weeks ago!! Of course, you styled them up beautifully…and now we BOTH know that "pyjama" isn't necessarily a bad word when it comes to daytime dressing!! 😉

• August 1, 2014 / 1:47 am

Very sweet of you to say, dear Rebecca!! Thank you!! XO

• August 1, 2014 / 1:59 am

Kisses right back at you, dear Maggie, for always putting a smile on my face with your little notes!! XO

4. August 1, 2014 / 8:16 am

Those pants are so nice! They seem comfy, yet stylish. Love this look!

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

• August 2, 2014 / 9:33 pm

I know some people who think you can't have both style AND comfort at the same time, dear Sofia…here's proof that it's possible!! 😉 Thank you so much for visiting!!