The envelope please

And maybe a drumroll would be appropriate, too, dear readers…because this is my very first ever white button-down shirt!!

Crazy, isn’t it?!  After all, a classic white shirt is considered to be a “wardrobe staple” and a “must have” by pretty much everyone who wears clothes (and that’s truly everyone, right?  At least I hope it is, ha ha!!)  What took me so long to jump on this particular style bandwagon, you ask??

For one thing, I don’t work in a typical office environment…so I’ve never needed to invest in a “corporate” wardrobe.  And if you’ve been following me for a while, you already know that I have a bit of a claustrophobia issue regarding certain “restrictive” items of clothing; in other words, if it isn’t drapey or stretchy, it isn’t for me!!

But this particular iteration from Joe Fresh is so incredibly lightweight, it barely feels like I’m wearing a shirt at all!! Seriously…I didn’t know that button-downs could be this comfortable!!  So of course I had to celebrate my victory and take it out-and-about for the day together with this tweedy W118 by Walter Baker envelope skirt; and my brand new Kenneth Cole Reaction shoes!!

They look kinda killer, but are super easy to wear (trust me!)…and they cover my ankle and the top of my foot!!  It was definitely a winning day all around!! 😀

1. July 3, 2014 / 2:52 am

LOVE those Kennth Cole booties … soooo cute! And would you believe that I haven't done the white button down shirt thing either? We're so alike! But you want to know why I haven't? I hate ironing! 😉

• July 3, 2014 / 6:11 pm

Ah yes…the ironing!! That's a whole other story, isn't it, dearest Dawn?! Not exactly looking forward to that part of the deal…I think I just might end up taking my white shirt to the dry cleaners!! ;D

2. July 3, 2014 / 6:45 am

This is from today, my favorite outfit of yours dear Monika!! Absolutely divine! The blouse, the skirt, the shoes… would wear it exactly the same way!
    For me it is not the white blouse. For me there are blazers. Many women have blazers in all colors, shapes and cuts. I can count my on one hand. Somehow I can not get a proper connection to carry a blazer and feel somehow disguised. But perhaps we will be friends when I get older! 😉

have a wonderful sunny day
    Dana 🙂

• July 3, 2014 / 5:59 pm

I'm usually a very casual girl, dearest Dana…so I felt very sophisticated and "grown up" in this look!! And I know EXACTLY what you mean about blazers; I never feel quite like myself either when I wear one!! 😉

• July 3, 2014 / 7:46 pm

Thank you, dear Maggie!! It's not a "typical" look for me…but I really like to switch things up in the style department every once in a while!! XO

• July 3, 2014 / 8:12 pm

You are a sweetie, dear Anett…thank you!! Now that I realize how "easy" a white button-down can be, it might be making some frequent appearances!! 😉

3. July 3, 2014 / 6:42 pm

WOW I don't know where I should starting. The shoes, the skirt and last but not least the blouse – it's all gorgeous and together it's a perfect styling. And I'm a little happy, because I have a similar blouse here in my closet. 🙂 It's unbelievable, that you have no button-down shirt in your closet until now. I can understand, but from a classic blouse is this shirt so far away, like Canada from Germany… 🙂
    Have a nice day, dear Monika and please don't feel sad, if you don't have enough time to write a comment on my blog. I know that you thinking of me like I do thinking of you. <3
    Conny
    Pants and Tops

• July 4, 2014 / 2:32 pm

Who knows, dearest Conny…maybe my white shirt will become a new closet favourite!! And I thought that the interesting silhouette and texture of this skirt would make it work for my more "relaxed" lifestyle, too!! I DO think of you often…and I hope you have the opportunity for a little relaxing (and maybe some shopping?!) this weekend!! Enjoy!! XOXO