Tourist traps

As luck would have it – or not, depending on your view! – I missed the entire 2010 Winter Olympics here in Vancouver, because I happened to be in Toronto visiting my parents at the time!!

For me it wasn’t such a bad thing; I’ve previously mentioned that my interest in sports in virtually non-existent (although my mom and I did watch Canada’s gold-winning hockey game quite literally on the edge of our seats!) so I didn’t mind not being around for all the chaos that an international event like this inevitably creates.

But hosting an Olympic Games also involves the development of a lot of interesting new venues that become permanent fixtures of the city after the fact…and my husband and I were really excited to discover this picturesque riverside park right next to the Richmond Oval!!

Isn’t it fun to occasionally play tourist in your own city??  It’s easy to forget that we all live somewhere that would likely be considered a worthy “vacation destination” for the rest of the world…so I say get out there and explore it!!

P.S. Bonus points if you also take the opportunity to show off a perfectly put-together “outfit of the day!!”

• July 9, 2014 / 7:55 pm

By now you know that boho is my "thang," dearest Dawn!! 😉 This long, crochet vest is perfect for adding a little colour and texture to a more basic look, without adding any extra weight…it seems that summer has – finally! – arrived in Vancouver!! XOXO

• July 10, 2014 / 7:56 pm

Hello there, Sabrina!! Thank you so much for visiting!!

1. July 10, 2014 / 6:28 am

Monika, I think this is a perfect look for you! You look fantastic and very confident in this boho style. Lovely setting too!
    My favourite obviously is the last photo 🙂

I live in a tourist area and too often I only visit our sightseeing attractions when I have guests!!

Have a wonderful day, dear!
    Annette | Lady of Style

• July 10, 2014 / 8:13 pm

I think this will ALWAYS be the kind of outfit in which I feel the most like "myself," dearest Annette!! And I know that my husband and I tend to visit the same familiar places over and over again…it's nice to remind ourselves that there's a lot more to see and do in our beautiful city!! 😉

2. July 10, 2014 / 9:39 am

I'm not a sports fan either, unless some big event in soccer is happening then I'm interested, aside from that, meh, couldn't care less, even if it was right in my backyard too!

SDMxx

• July 10, 2014 / 8:33 pm

So nice to "meet" you, Sonia!! You know, I'm just gonna say it…my favourite sport is shopping, and I'm not embarrassed (at least not TOO embarrassed!) to admit it!! ;D

• July 10, 2014 / 9:00 pm

Believe it or not, I found the vest at Forever 21, dear Lauren!! But I know that you aren't a stranger to their amazing selection of "fast fashion"…I see the brand pop up on your blog, too!! 🙂

• July 10, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Thank you, thank you, dearest Maggie!! I'm always happy to get your sweet notes!! XO