Clouded judgment

Convention style wisdom tells us that we should always emphasize our waistline for the most figure-flattering look…but sometimes, I just don’t want to do what I’m told!!  (And I’m not the only one, I’m sure!!)

Admittedly, it’s a tad more challenging to create a “linear” fashion statement when you don’t have a model’s height and silhouette; but I think this denim shirtdress falls just straight enough – and the hem is just short enough – to give me that slightly boxy look I was after without being overwhelming.

Some extra height in the footwear department helps, too…and I have to say, these Reaction Kenneth Cole peep-toe wedges have been the perfect “training wheels” for once again making me feel confident and comfortable with wearing a pair of heels.

Good thing I invested in them!!  My latest ultrasound – which I had last week – indicates that my DVT has actually improved (yay!) but I’ve been cautioned once again by my doctor that the various symptoms I’m dealing with could still be an issue for months…or even years.

That’s a looong time to wait and see if so many of my other shoes will ever fit again!!  I haven’t decided yet if replacing them is the way to go; but I guess the worst-case scenario is a whole lot of shoe shopping in my future, right?!

1. August 25, 2014 / 1:38 pm

You look amazing in that dress! And the proportions are just perfect on you + love, love those shoes. As for your leg?! Very happy to hear it's getting better, and yes, nothing wrong with being forced into more shoe shopping! 😉

• August 25, 2014 / 2:28 pm

This shirt dress and those shoes are about as easy as it gets, dearest Veronika…and there's nothing like some major "user-friendliness" for a little walk on a warm summer evening!! XOXO

• August 26, 2014 / 1:47 am

I think showing a little bit of leg is what makes this unbelted shirtdress work, dearest Dawn…it's all about the balance of masculine and feminine elements, right?! 😉

• August 26, 2014 / 9:15 pm

I'm really not perfect, dearest Maggie…just ask my husband!! 😉 But I AM happy that you like the dress!! XOXO

2. August 26, 2014 / 8:02 am

Gorgeous outfit, love that dress on you. mywhiteT.com

• August 26, 2014 / 9:29 pm

Thank you very much, Jessi!! Let me know if you want to trade it for that stunning BCBG jacket you wore recently!! ;D

3. August 26, 2014 / 11:58 am

You are so gorgeous in this dress. Love it!!! xoxo

• August 26, 2014 / 9:37 pm

It's just a basic denim shirtdress…but that fabric treatment is kind of special; isn't it, dear Elsie?! Makes me want to spill bleach on a pair of jeans (or that thrifted denim skirt of mine!) to see what happens…but, on second thought, maybe that's not the best idea for a DIY!! 😉

• August 26, 2014 / 11:37 pm

Personal style wouldn't be half as much fun if everyone followed the rules, right Donna?! 😉 Thank you so much for visiting!!

4. August 26, 2014 / 9:03 pm

The pattern on the dress looks like sunny sky & clouds, like it!
    zoeoulton.blogspot.co.uk

• August 27, 2014 / 12:15 am

Yay!! You're officially a blogger, dear Zoe…congratulations!! Those bleach splotches always remind me of clouds, too…but thankfully, not the "it's gonna rain" kind!! I know you've been dealing with waaay too much of the wet stuff lately in the UK!! 🙁