Do’s and don’ts

In hindsight, I have to say that I’m a little upset with how “autumn appropriate” this look actually turned out to be…I’m not ready for our summer to be over just yet, neither weather- nor fashion-wise!!

But since I had a hair appointment in the city this afternoon – which involves a bit of a trek from the nearest Skytrain station to the salon – and since my leg and foot are still not at their best, I wanted to build an ensemble around my most reliably comfortable Aldo booties.

Not that they don’t look good with pretty much anything I pair them with!!  But my new blue plaid shirt was calling for an outing, too; and since there were some rather ominous grey clouds up there in the sky, jeans just seemed like a smart decision for today!!

Luckily, my fresh ‘do and I did not end up getting rained on (is it just me, or does that seem to happen a lot?) and I still had plenty of spring in my step for a little photo shoot.  There’s nothing like getting your hair done to make you feel ready to take on the world, don’t you think, dear readers?!

1. August 18, 2014 / 5:01 pm

You look great in this outfit dear Monika! ItΒ΄s simple but maximum stylish and you look simply gorgeous in it! This blue tones fits perfect to your hair. I love your hair color so much <3
    Not nice to read your foot is still in bad condition? Poor Monika.. wish you that it will very much better very soon!

have a wonderful day my dear friend
    Dana πŸ™‚

• August 19, 2014 / 2:28 pm

Thank you – as always! – for your well wishes, dearest Dana!! I did just get some good news from the doctor that my DVT has improved…but I may still be dealing with certain symptoms for a long time. πŸ™ Things could be so much worse, though; and I feel very lucky that I have such nice notes from my blogger friends to look forward to every day!! XOXO

2. August 19, 2014 / 2:54 am

Uh I'm not looking forward to Autumn approaching quickly, either. But nevertheless, your outfit looks great! It is just so effortless with your shirt tucked in like that. Anyway, I like to do that too-plan my outfit around the day's festivities.
    xo Olivia

• August 19, 2014 / 2:34 pm

My husband asked me if I wanted to "fix" my shirt before we took pictures, dear Olivia…he still doesn't get the half-tuck thing!! πŸ˜€ I guess there's nothing we can do about the changing seasons, but I'm determined to get in as many summery looks as I still can before that autumn chill arrives!!

3. August 19, 2014 / 5:39 am

Your hair looks amazing! And you seriously have the best skin ever.
    I feel like I've been really drawn to my plaids lately too. I don't want to admit that fall is coming, but I suppose this is a sign… At least you look super cute!

xoxo Alison

• August 19, 2014 / 7:45 pm

Yep…nothing like a new hairdo to put some bloom in the cheeks, dearest Alison!! And I never used to be much of a "patterns" girl…but lately I'm all about stripes (as you know!) and plaid!! Maybe you'll see this shirt styled with a pair of shorts before the summer is over!! πŸ˜‰

• August 19, 2014 / 8:00 pm

I can never get my hair looking quite the same when I do it myself, dear Anett…but I guess that's part of what makes going to the salon such a treat!! And I'm sure you will see some variation of this outfit when autumn eventually rolls around…but for now, I'm still going to try for a more seasonal vibe!! XO

4. August 19, 2014 / 9:18 pm

Your hair looks so fabulous. I'm in desperate need of a refresh… my hair is looking like a hot mess these days!! And this look is so cute. Love those boots and I'm always a sucker for plaid! xoxo

• August 20, 2014 / 1:24 am

I can't imagine that it's really so bad, dearest Veronika…but there's nothing like a new hair look to lift the spirits!! Maybe we'll be seeing one on your blog sometime soon?! And speaking of a "refresh" – I'm really glad that I had these booties reheeled a few months before my accident; they've sure been getting a workout since then!! πŸ˜‰

5. August 22, 2014 / 11:19 am

Hey how'd I miss this cute post? I guess it's the back to school syndrome! Super cute and love the plaid and those great earrings!

• August 23, 2014 / 4:49 am

Not to worry, dearest Dawn…the past few weeks ended up being crazy-busy for me, too; I have some serious "catching up" planned for this Saturday and Sunday!! P.S. Have you got those students of yours settled back into learning mode yet?! πŸ˜‰