Flutterby

Apparently, even though there’s no real evidence to support it, a lot of people believe that the original word for “butterfly” was actually flutterby!!

It certainly makes a lot of sense – considering the way they fly! – while dairy products, on the other hand, don’t enter into the equation at all as far as I can tell!!  Besides…”flutterby” just sounds so much prettier, don’t you think??

I felt a little like a flutterby/butterfly wearing this vibrant, kimono-inspired blouse today; those oversized sleeves are not exactly practical (even washing my hands was a challenge!) but oh!!  The dreamy way the fabric floated around me in the slightest breeze made it all worthwhile!!

And aren’t fuchsia and orange so incredible together??  My cork-heeled sandals peeking out from under the hem of my jeans added just a touch of the former colour to my look…until I found this slouchy, fabric hobo bag at Forever 21.

Now this is the way to do florals and stripes for the summer!!

1. August 27, 2014 / 2:09 pm

Indeed, love your top… it's absolutely dreamy. I may have gasped in delight when I clicked over to your blog. And those cork heels? Absolutely the prettiest! Hope your Wednesday is off to a fine start, lovey!! xo

• August 27, 2014 / 9:48 pm

The top's pattern and sleeves are kinda boho-tastic, aren't they, dearest Veronika?! And the fabulous colours make me wonder why I don't wear brights a little more often!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• August 29, 2014 / 1:03 am

The blouse was one of my fabulous Winners finds from a few years ago, dearest Dawn…it makes quite the statement with those sleeves and the colour, doesn't it?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• August 29, 2014 / 1:14 am

Thank you so much, Jelisaveta…and thank you for "visiting" all the way from Serbia!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. August 28, 2014 / 8:57 pm

Love the top :-)))

Zoeoulton.blogspot.co.uk

• August 29, 2014 / 1:16 am

Aww…thank you, dear Zoe!! I have to tell you, it's honestly even more pretty in person!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• September 1, 2014 / 4:06 am

I just knew you would like this top, dearest Maggie…I can imagine you wearing something very similar!! ๐Ÿ˜‰